Servicing Cobra Hydraulic foot pumps

Old March 8th 04, 01:09 AM
mike pitoniak

Default Servicing Cobra Hydraulic foot pumps

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me what type of oil to put in the Cobra hydraulic
foot pump, and where to add it? There are several fittings, and i am
not sure if it matters where it goes.

Thanks in advance,

mike
Old March 8th 04, 02:09 PM
JJ Sinclair

Mike,
It's DOT-3, don't use the red stuff (5606)

My jack stopped leaking when I stopped lifting the jack from the top, when
putting it back in the trailer. This can cause the ram to be pulled out and it
doesn't like that. Pick it up from the bottom.
JJ Sinclair
Old March 8th 04, 02:40 PM
Stewart Kissel

Mr Spindleberger-

I have a January order for some replacement gas struts
for my Cobra that have not arrived. The major US soaring
supplier I ordered them through has not heard from
you on this matter, nor have my emails to you been
answered. Perhaps they are being caught in your spam
filter? The specs are as folllows:
HAHN-Gasfedern GmbH
N-750
Art.-Nr.-249429
Herst.-Dat.-26.06.02
These are replacements for struts I purchased last
spring, which failed this fall. Unable to safely open
my trailer without them and soaring season is starting
up.
Sorry to trouble the rest of ras with the post, but
running out of options here.

Old March 8th 04, 02:52 PM
Stewart Kissel

Cobra sent me an email. The problem *appears* to be
on the USA side of the pond. Problem unresolved however.
Standby for a major diatribe if I have to use block
and tackle however.
Once again sorry about posting private affairs.

Old March 8th 04, 03:58 PM
bumper

JJ,

DOT-3 is one of the common automotive brake fluids. It's glycol ether based
and this stuff will trash the seals in your hydraulic jack, which should
have a petroleum based oil. (EPDM seals for DOT-3 vs. BUNA-N for petro)

Jack oil is available at tool stores or a lifetime supply of hydraulic oil
can be purchased in 5 gallon pails at tractor places and is reasonably
priced.
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

Old March 8th 04, 08:02 PM
A. Spindelberger

Stewart Kissel wrote in message ...
[...]

There are some mails disappeared in the last weeks because of virus/ worm/spam filters on both sides of the pond.

I'm in contact with John and will send some replacement struts tomorrow morning.
Sorry! AS
FAX# 0114956658115 Phone 0114956657044