Aren't and his claims of German U2 invention

Old February 20th 04, 01:39 PM
Michael Zaharis

Keith Willshaw wrote:
"Mike Zaharis" wrote in message

robert arndt wrote:

"Boomer" wrote in message

the U-2 was little more than an F-104 with high aspect wings to

overfly

unfriendly airspace. Not much of a "concept" there, just the only way

achieve that kind of altitude with the tech of the day. I guess the

Germans

invented the F-104 as well. There were "big wing" recon planes in

WWII, I

guess they were stolen from Germany too.

Gee, the U-2 bears a rather strong resemblence to the F-104, does it?
Let's look at the DFS 228 captured by the US in 1945 and studied for a
year before being given to the British to evaluate (which led to the
Slingsby T-44 concept):

http://www.luft46.com/prototyp/dfs228.html

Yeah right, the DFS 228 has NOTHING to do with the U-2. Get real.

Rob

Rob, let me be the first to defend you. Here's the original aircraft that

proved to the world

that high aspect ratio wings are good - and it's Nazi-era German!

http://www.luftfahrtmuseum.com/htmi/itf/goe3.htm
http://www.hobbyclub.com/Gal-minimoa.htm

Do you seriously think high aspect ratio wings werent invented
until 1936 ?

Francis Herbert Wenham at the Aeronautical society in London
built a wind tunnel and demonstrated the advantages of high
aspect wing ratios for gliders in 1871

This was understood by most of the aviation pioneers including Lillienthal

Keith

Maybe I should have included the HTML commandes [Sarcasm] and [/sarcasm].

Old February 20th 04, 01:40 PM
Michael Zaharis

Boomer wrote:

LOL! you guys REALLY believe the DFS 228 looks like the U-2? what you been
smokin ?! Yes the U-2 fusalage was based on the F-104, confirmed and spoked
about by Kelly Johnson many times. Bifurcated intakes, mid mount wing,
cockpit position all the same as F-104. The nose isnt pointed because it
didnt need to be. They didnt use the "T" tail of Starfighter but few other
fighter sized planes did either. Your DFS 228 bears more resmblance to a
DC-3 (also German no doubt) than to a U-2.

Old February 20th 04, 01:45 PM
Michael Zaharis

robert arndt wrote:

"Boomer" wrote in message

[...]

I just thought that, if Mr. Arndt was going to focus on a high-aspect
wing (which is the only thing that the DFS 228 and the U-2 have in
common, other than being spy aircraft), I'd give him an even better
example. I thought that a recreational glider would be ridiculous
enough, and I just remembered the Minimoa being one of the more
beautiful long-winged pre-war German gliders.

I guess that with all the tinfoil hat wearing here, and people making
ridiculous statements (not you, Keith, but others), most peoples'
facetiousness sensors are set with a pretty high threshold.

Old February 20th 04, 03:18 PM
robert arndt

robert arndt wrote:

"Boomer" wrote in message

[...]

Gosh, Arndt is right! After comparing his DFS 228 and the above to the U-2,
I can see where he gets the idea that the U-2 bears a "strong resemblence"
to the German design, other than of course the different wing, fuselage,
tail, cockpit, and engine layouts... they both have wings, right?

Brooks

The DFS 228 was examined by the US Air Technical Intelligenece Unit
and other US aviation companies (hint:Lockheed) long before the Cl-282
proposal. Although it doesn't use a rocket engine nor escape capsule
the U-2 is still a high flying recon SAILPLANE with a ceiling the DFS
would have had in 1945 if the Walter engine would have been installed.
I could care less what Mr. Johnson claims or the Skunk Works. Lockheed
was well aware of German technology from the technical analysis of
wartime documents. BTW, the CIA was founded with the original SS spy
documentation on the Soviet Union. Funny how they ALSO got into the
disc aircraft programs too, which were SS controlled. Coincidence?
Never.

Rob
Old February 20th 04, 03:42 PM
Kevin Brooks

om...

robert arndt wrote:

"Boomer" wrote in message

[...]

You have definitely gone round the bend. I guess next you will be telling us
that the US got the atomic bomb from Germany, huh? Germany surrendered in
May '45, Trinity did not take place until July...yep, sounds like conclusive
proof to me! LOL! Seek help, Arndt/Adler (or whatver moniker you are using
today)--quickly, before the men in the white coats with that wonderful new
jacket come for you.

Brooks

Rob

Old February 20th 04, 05:24 PM
B2431

From: "Kevin Brooks"

You have definitely gone round the bend. I guess next you will be telling us
that the US got the atomic bomb from Germany, huh?

snip

Brooks

Teuton has already made that claim in another thread. According to him the
Nazis built and tested two atomic bombs.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old February 20th 04, 06:27 PM
Krztalizer

Teuton has already made that claim in another thread. According to him the
Nazis built and tested two atomic bombs.

The bad news is that these nuclear weapons were lauched by Soviet-era ballistic
missiles, and were only rated for 89 seconds of thrust before they
"successfully self-liquidated".

====(A+C====
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.

Old February 20th 04, 07:43 PM
Keith Willshaw

From: "Kevin Brooks"

You have definitely gone round the bend. I guess next you will be telling

us
that the US got the atomic bomb from Germany, huh?

snip

Brooks

Teuton has already made that claim in another thread. According to him the
Nazis built and tested two atomic bombs.

To be fair that was demented Denyav

Keith

Old February 20th 04, 09:24 PM
Boomer

wasnt replying to you specifically MZ, just to the utter nonsense being
spewed by these guys.

The "Master Race" isnt doing too well is it lol