Erickson Air-Crane

Old February 24th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Erickson Air-Crane

Erickson offered me a position yesterday and I wanted to know if anybody
had any feedback on them as a company or employer. The manufacture
the s-64E and F model sky cranes.

Lorin
Old February 24th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Lorin Schrader wrote:

if anybody had any feedback on them as a company or employer.

Who cares what they are like......

It's Erickson AirCrane.

How fast can you phone them back and say I do.

Why I'll bet there's a couple of people in this group that
would take a job putting armourall on the tires just to
make them look pretty.

Considering what's at stake I would think they treat their people
pretty good.

Pilots and support personel for those types of machines do not grow on
trees and I would think that many employees are long term employees.

And when you do start working for them stay in touch with the group.

You know us.... Curious as hell and all ears.
Old February 27th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

You lucky *******. You don't even know how lucky you are. Hehehehe
Congratulations and stop pretending like you know nothing about them
Shshhhh some people. LOL

The Monk

Old February 27th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Lorin
The Chief Pilot for a spray outfit I worked for told me of his time
with Erickson. He had known them from the time he was a little kid and
when he came back from 'Nam got his first civilian seat with them. He
recalled that his job mostly consisted of looking down or back and the
manual called for the co-pilot to get sick as well as do the mission.
It was always a pool bet as to how long it would get to make the new
guy puke.
He enjoyed his time there but took a job with a different company that
was a single pilot seat and has been there ever since to become the
Chief Pilot. Please keep us informed?
Rocky

Old February 27th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Thanks for the input everyone. Erickson has asked me to work for them
as a liason engineer, basically a go between the mechanics and the other
engineering personnel. As they turn these bullet ridden CH-54's into
S-64E's and F's, they come across a lot of issues that need to be
documented and repaired to make the FAA happy. I'll probably never get
off the ground in a crane, at least not for some time. I'll have to get
my kicks from the R22 I rent (65 hrs and climing).

Lorin