Headsets ?

Old March 22nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headsets ? (Helmets)

"Michael Ware" wrote in message
. ..

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:31:09 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"B4RT" wrote

Am I serious? See this pic: http://www.igor.com/pix/03-14-06_1634.jpg

Typical helio pilot. He needed to be able to count to more than ten.

Coulda made it to 21 if he was flying naked.

How do you know he's not?!

Actually, I have to be able to count to 28 (the max gph burn) , but I'm sure
not
gonna tell ya how I'm doing it.

You guys are too funny/

LMAO,
Bart

Old March 22nd 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

"B4RT" wrote

I was taking the
chopper from Key West to PA to get some work done last week. I was in a
buttload of turbulence in the Carolina mountains and actually saw a 100+
knot headwind component at 8000 feet. (the mountain was 6000 feet). T

You must have been there on an average day. On January 25, this year, they
had a wind gust of over 200 mph., on Grandfather Mountain. They don't know
how much more than 200, since the numbers stop at 200, but it was definitely
over 200! It moved a boulder in the parking lot, of about 3,000 pounds, as
I recall. Wow!

The
thing was yawing all over and certainly more bumpy than anything I've ever
felt before. I never thought I was gonna hit my head though. I can imagine
that ag-ops are a lot more threatening than 1500 agl straight n level.

Morgans; Too funny. How did you know I needed to take my shoes off count
past 10?

Just from knowing some fling wing pilots. Anyone that flies one of those
things, couldn't be too smart, thus using the toes to count! g Just
kidding!
--
Jim in NC

Old March 22nd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

"B4RT" wrote

Actually, I have to be able to count to 28 (the max gph burn) , but I'm

sure
not
gonna tell ya how I'm doing it.

You guys are too funny/

20 is easy, then you add 8. Millimeters, that is! BFG
--
Jim in NC

Old March 22nd 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:
You must have been there on an average day. On January 25, this year, they
had a wind gust of over 200 mph., on Grandfather Mountain. They don't know
how much more than 200, since the numbers stop at 200, but it was definitely
over 200! It moved a boulder in the parking lot, of about 3,000 pounds, as
I recall. Wow!

Just as an FYI, I read an article (in the Charlotte Observer) about a month or
so ago by this professor at ASU who stated the numbers were semi-bogus due to
the placement of the measuring instruments. I don't remember all the details
but the gist of it was that the placement was in a place where a natural venturi
existed due to a rather large and substantial wall. This accelerated the wind
and that's why the numbers were so impressive.

This is not to say the wind didn't blow like almighty hell that day; it did by
all accounts. Just not 200 mph worth.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old March 23rd 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headsets ?

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Michelle,

Only way to go.....

..if you want a headache as a free bonus. Jeeze, old habits sure die
hard.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

I've worn my H10-60's on flights up to five hours, never had a problem with
that.