Europe as joke

Old October 24th 03, 02:02 PM
Cub Driver

Default Europe as joke

For the rebuilding of Iraq, the United States has pledged $20 billion,
Japan has pledged $1.5 billion, and the European Union has pledged
$235 million.

How can anyone take Europe seriously as a force in the world?

Someone please remind me how much the U.S. has spent in the former
Yugoslavia. How many billions have we ****ed away, putting out fires
in Europe's outhouse? Why are we continuing to put men and treasure
into the Balkans?

(I say this with a salute to Britain, Poland, Spain, Italy, and even
Holland, who have indeed put cash and troops into Iraq. Europe is not
entirely defined by France and Germany.)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 24th 03, 08:35 PM
Franck

You destruct Irak, Why we must pay ?

--
Franck

www.pegase-airshow.com
www.picavia.com

Old October 24th 03, 10:02 PM
AIA

Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more serious way
to spend our money... For example to build a common European defence to
definitively kill NATO.

Old October 24th 03, 10:40 PM
av8r

AIA wrote:
Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more serious way
to spend our money... For example to build a common European defence to
definitively kill NATO.

Is this the same NATO that protected your sorry ass from having to learn
Russian????????? Ungrateful *******!!!!!!

Cheers...Chris

Old October 24th 03, 10:42 PM
AIA

NATO is dying from itself. Actually it is an empty box...

Old October 24th 03, 10:49 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , AIA
writes
Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more serious way
to spend our money... For example to build a common European defence to
definitively kill NATO.

No way. Who do you think would be at the point?

Mike
--
M.J.Powell
Old October 24th 03, 11:25 PM
Juvat

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Cub Driver
blurted out:

For the rebuilding of Iraq, the United States has pledged $20 billion,
Japan has pledged $1.5 billion, and the European Union has pledged
$235 million.

GWB stated that he didn't need "current" UN backing to invade Iraq
(saying the authority was already in place). Fine. Ride 'em cowboy!

Ignoring the *majority* of the EU nations' opinions was a risk he was
willing to accept. Okay we made the mess, we get to clean it up. The
Iraqi's will be greatful to the US...cool.

To suggest that the EU should be greatful for GWB's foreign policy WRT
to Iraq is mis-guided. To suggest they should defray the costs of
cleaning up the mess we made is wishful thinking. GWB "crapped in
their mess kit," the EU owes nothing to GWB (and by extension the
USA's current foreign policy).

I suspect that you would be equally irate if the EU pledged a greater
amount than the US. The logic being, "Well we kicked Hussein's regime
out, and now those euros are trying to horn in on our re-building
effort and take credit for our efforts."

This is a NO WIN situation for the EU.

How can anyone take Europe seriously as a force in the world?

Well it's pretty easy, the EU has a huge economy...lots of economic
strength. I just finished the last of a six-pack of North Umbrian
Brown Ale...great stuff!

Military force? Probably enough to defend their territory.

Military Force projection? Not a great deal of that, but our friends
in europe don't really see a need for that. That is perfectly
reasonable. While we (the US and the EU) might agree on the need to
fight terrorism, clearly they found no compelling argument in
overthrowing Mr Hussein's despotic regime. Again perfectly reasonable.

Reasonable folks will disagree, as will partners for time to time. GWB
and you Dan should not expect our friends to fall over themselves to
pay our freight when we **** them off.

Someone please remind me how much the U.S. has spent in the former
Yugoslavia. How many billions have we ****ed away, putting out fires
in Europe's outhouse? Why are we continuing to put men and treasure
into the Balkans?

Different situation entirely...a cooperative effort. But you know
that.

Juvat
Old October 24th 03, 11:26 PM
BUFDRVR

It's easy. Don't forget why Irak has to be rebuilt. We didn't invade Bosnia.

Military forces were "permitted" to enter Bosnia through an agreement, Kosovo
and Macedonia as well. This doesn't change the fact that Europe demanded US
involvement even though the situation in the former Republics of Yugoslavia had
no impact on US national security. As a side note, ground forces were deployed
under "peaceful" circumstances, but air forces bombed targets in Bosnia, Kosovo
and Serbia, once again, with US forces making up the majority.

If it were up to me, I'd pull every US military member out of the Balkans to
ease the Iraq burden. Europe doesn't want to help out in Iraq, fine we can
ease our burden at their expense.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 24th 03, 11:27 PM
BUFDRVR

You destruct Irak, Why we must pay ?

You were unable to handle a uniquely European problem in the Balkans, why must
we continue to pay?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"