Horse farm latest

Old August 19th 03, 02:31 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Default Horse farm latest

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the horse farm that is below the departure
end of RW 30 at my home field. My direct access is now gone because my
daughter-in-law moved her horse out of there, but just before she left I got
the following: The idiot who bought the place and who has been calling the
airport ever since any time an airplane flies over had apparently taken to
trying to video any planes flying overhead. The other day he was busy
trying to video a plane and fell off his roof and broke his leg. I guess
this is probably grounds for a lawsuit.

Sunday I was returning from a weekend trip and noticed that there was a
large yellow sign painted on the roof of his house (large mansion that is
part of the farm). Of course I had to fly over to read it. It says, in 10'
high letters "NO FLY". My guess is that any plane flying by will have to
fly over his house to read his sign.

Old August 19th 03, 02:51 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Bob Chilcoat" said:
Sunday I was returning from a weekend trip and noticed that there was a
large yellow sign painted on the roof of his house (large mansion that is
part of the farm). Of course I had to fly over to read it. It says, in 10'
high letters "NO FLY". My guess is that any plane flying by will have to
fly over his house to read his sign.

Maybe he's just advertising the fact that his stables have no flies in
them. Or trying to scare off the horseflies.

But just to be sure, you should circle over the farm a few times to make
sure you're reading the sign correctly.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware
Old August 19th 03, 09:23 PM
Scott Lowrey

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote :
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the horse farm that is below the departure
end of RW 30 at my home field. My direct access is now gone because my
daughter-in-law moved her horse out of there, but just before she left I got
the following: The idiot who bought the place and who has been calling the
airport ever since any time an airplane flies over had apparently taken to
trying to video any planes flying overhead. [...]

I missed the original post and I shouldn't speak when I don't know the
people involved.

But I'll do it anyway: was this maroon aware of the fact that the
property he was buying adjoined said airport?

You've got to wonder about some folks....

-Scott
Old August 20th 03, 02:28 AM
hillbilly_hippo

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message
Bob Chilcoat wrote in message It says, in 10' high letters "NO FLY".

It would be a dang shame if some pranksters painted over his nice sign

with
the emblem for Target Dept. Stores.

D.

Yes, a *shame*. Hah.

John Y.
PP-ASEL

Old August 20th 03, 06:05 AM
Tom S.

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message
Bob Chilcoat wrote in message It says, in 10' high letters "NO FLY".

It would be a dang shame if some pranksters painted over his nice sign

with
the emblem for Target Dept. Stores.

Get some pranksters to change the "F" to an "E" and insert a "T" in the gap.

Old August 20th 03, 07:47 AM
Peter Duniho

"Tom S." wrote in message
Get some pranksters to change the "F" to an "E" and insert a "T" in the

gap.

"NOTELY"

What's that?

Old August 20th 03, 10:52 AM
Roger Long

Guys and gals,

Aggravating as it is, I suggest avoiding this guy as much as possible. When
the "Let's close the airport and let a developer turn it into high tax value
housing." group forms, guess who's going to have lots of time and money to
put into the effort.

--
Roger Long

Old August 20th 03, 05:08 PM
Gil Brice

Seriously. If he's got that much money, someone should go over to his
house and offer him a discovery flight. You might turn him into a pilot.

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...