Rotterdam - was - Winston Churchill As Anthrax Bomber

Old January 21st 04, 11:20 PM
Avalon

Default Rotterdam - was - Winston Churchill As Anthrax Bomber

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

The attacks were conducted by aircraft that were quite
accurate becuase of the level they were opperating at and their
natu dive bombers.

Ah! Heinkel III dive bombers! Do you have any technical details of this
interesting variant?

Peter

Old January 22nd 04, 10:54 AM
Cub Driver

Ah! Heinkel III dive bombers! Do you have any technical details of this
interesting variant?

The He 111 was required (like all German bombers) to function as a
dive bomber. So every model in service would have qualified.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 23rd 04, 12:22 AM
Alan Dicey

Cub Driver wrote:
The He 111 was required (like all German bombers) to function as a
dive bomber. So every model in service would have qualified.

?

I know that the He177, famously, had dive-bombing as part of its
requirement (in 1938...), that the Ju88 was designed with the capability
but never used it and the Do217-E was employed as a dive-bomber for a
while (structural strain and loss of control put a stop to it).

But I've never seen any mention of an He111, Do17/215, Ju86 or Ju52 (to
go in reverse chronolgical order) performing dive attacks, or being
required to. Can you say where you got this information from, please?

Old January 23rd 04, 11:06 AM
Cub Driver

Can you say where you got this information from, please?

Not offhand. It's one of the things I've read repeatedly about the
Luftwaffe under Goering.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 26th 04, 07:13 AM
Avalon

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
news

Ah! Heinkel III dive bombers! Do you have any technical details of this
interesting variant?

The He 111 was required (like all German bombers) to function as a
dive bomber. So every model in service would have qualified.

I don't think so. Please post any technical specs that relate to He 111 ever
acting as a dive bomber.

Peter