CFS-1 and CH Yoke / Pedals

Old September 2nd 03, 11:35 PM
Andy & Lucinda

Default CFS-1 and CH Yoke / Pedals

Hey gang,

I never could get CFS-1 to run well on my old system, it was just too
slow (P-333). So it's languished in the jewel case for a few years...

Recently dug it out and installed it on my 1-gig box - works great!!
But I'm having problems configuring it with my CH yoke and pedals (USB).

CFS recognizes both devices, but won't let me assign or change the
correct axis for each - it assigns pitch, bank, throttle, and rudder to
the yoke; and re-assigns bank again to the pedals.

So, the program is actually recognizing 4 of the 5 yoke axis - pitch,
bank, throttle, and mixture; and it's recognizing 1 of the two rudder
axis, but it won't let me change the assignments.

I've tried to assign the axis manually in the cfs.cfg file, but
something is still awry...any tips? Or a peek at your own config file?
Perhaps I am assuming that CFS supports two devices and it does not?

TIA
Andy
--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***
Old September 2nd 03, 11:49 PM
Don Parker

Andy,
I need a rubber stamp for this, but - download FSGIPC from avsim.com, it has
an outstanding calibration program, and is worth the ~$22 it'll cost. I've
probably made the same recommendation three or four times today for
different axes problems. If I had a buck for every one the last few weeks,
I'd have my money back for my issue. (:-)) Seriously, it helped with a
pedal problem I was having absoulutely no other luck with.
Another thing may be to download the CH Controller app from their web site.
I had a bad install of an earlier version on my XP, which although
"uninstalled" still made the newer version inop on my system, and won't
recognize any of the CH equipment - so, went to FSGIPC, and it worked.
Cheers'n beers.
Don

Old September 3rd 03, 12:22 AM
Don Parker

FSUIPC...

Old September 4th 03, 01:14 PM
mdavis

One thing that you might try if both yoke and pedals are USB is to
unplug/plug while FS9 is running. You can use that to swap "positions" and
it seems to reassign axis as well.

Mike DAvis

Beech dual yoke w/rams horns/color preference Dan Karshin Aviation Marketplace 1 March 28th 04 05:04 PM
CH Flight Sim Yoke USB and Pro Pedals USB nemo Aviation Marketplace 0 January 27th 04 01:23 AM
CH Product Yoke with IP Trainer 6.5 Sanjay Kumar Instrument Flight Rules 2 October 10th 03 07:47 AM
Flight Yoke Eric Ross Simulators 2 August 26th 03 09:36 PM
FS2004 tail draggers - no rudder pedals - what do I do?? Hogarth Kramer Simulators 1 August 18th 03 05:43 PM