NBC shows their colors again

Old August 23rd 04, 03:14 PM
Rich S.

Default NBC shows their colors again

Last night during the Olympic women's platform diving competition, one gal
blew her dive and her chance for a medal. She was understandably distraught
and was sitting behind the platform crying. An NBC cameraman zoomed in on
her face, probably chuckling with glee at his luck in being able to bring
some real gut-wrenching sorrow to his lens.

The gal stood up and moved away from him, walking into a side room to be
alone with her pain. He followed her in, filming her from behind as she
kneeled down on some mats, sobbing uncontrollably. I was so disgusted with
his intrusion of her privacy, I was wishing to be there so I could rip his
camera from his cold, dead fingers.

This scene was then delayed for a few hours for broadcast in prime time. Any
NBC cheese with normal human sympathy could have edited it from the
broadcast, but no - it was aired with comments by the reporters.

This callous disregard for fellow humans is just another example of NBC's
integrity; following on the heels of the St. Louis helicopter hijack attempt
story, the Chevy truck fuel tank fiasco and others. I hope that when these
people pass on, they get to spend a few years in a paradise with Vlad the
Impaler. It would be poetic justice to see Ted Nugent shove a microphone in
their face as Vlad rammed a splintered timber up their arse, "Tell us what
you're feeling right now, will ya'?"

Rich S.

Old August 23rd 04, 04:17 PM
RobertR237

[...]

Rich,

That is just one case of what has been some of the worst coverage I can
remember. The first night had to have set a new record for commercials during
any event. Then there was the constant "Another May Lou..." coverage of Carly
Patterson instead of giving Carly credit for being Carly. Phelps won his
eighth medal instead of the US Team took Gold in the 4x100. The examples go on
and on. The worst is that their constant banter is always more important than
the events.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 23rd 04, 05:06 PM
Wright1902Glider

And lets not forget the swimming... could there possibly be any more coverage
of the damned swimming events? I haven't turned it on in the last 7 days and
not been forced to watch some form of "laps in the pool."

Harry
Old August 24th 04, 10:13 PM
Rich Ahrens

Wright1902Glider wrote:
And lets not forget the swimming... could there possibly be any more coverage
of the damned swimming events? I haven't turned it on in the last 7 days and
not been forced to watch some form of "laps in the pool."

But at least the nbcolympics.com website rocks!

:-)
Old August 28th 04, 03:12 AM
George W. Shrub

"Rich S." wrote in message
Last night during the Olympic women's platform diving competition, one gal
blew her dive and her chance for a medal. She was understandably

distraught
and was sitting behind the platform crying. An NBC cameraman zoomed in on
her face, probably chuckling with glee at his luck in being able to bring
some real gut-wrenching sorrow to his lens.

Can you say, "just whipser it in my ear"? The media are vultures. They
exploit pain & suffering. That's their job description. But then again
they're only a reflection of the human condition.

Old August 29th 04, 12:55 AM
Rich S.

"George W. Shrub" wrote in message

Can you say, "just whipser it in my ear"? The media are vultures. They
exploit pain & suffering. That's their job description. But then again
they're only a reflection of the human condition.

Half right. Almost all of the humans I associate with are decent,
God-fearing, people who care more for other people's welfare, either
individual welfare or the welfare of society, than they do for their own.
Many of these folks have proved their concern by service in the military or
in careers such as fire fighting, where one may be called to lay one's life
or health on the line to help a stranger at any moment. They exemplify the
human condition.

Rich "Heinlein was right" S.

P.S. "God" may be whomever and whatever you want.

Old August 29th 04, 02:43 AM
C J Campbell

"Rich S." wrote in message

Impaler. It would be poetic justice to see Ted Nugent shove a microphone
in
their face as Vlad rammed a splintered timber up their arse, "Tell us what
you're feeling right now, will ya'?"

Personally, though, I think the US men's basketball team deserves all the
humiliation that can be heaped on it. Bunch of pathetic, tattooed,
trash-talking, arrogant, spoiled millionaire, gangsta wannabe losers..... I
don't think you could find anywhere a set of worse excuses for humanity to
represent the United States. Well, maybe some Abu Ghraib prison guards....
Or Jerry Springer.... But wait, all those guys looked, talked, and acted
like they might be guests on Springer, so I guess that's redundant.

Old August 29th 04, 03:21 AM
Neal Fulco

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
[...]

I was wondering if anyone else had seen that scene and been as
incensed as I was at NBC's lack of compassion ( putting it mildly.) I
found myself actually yelling at the television. I just couldn't
believe the network would take advantage of this lady's misfortune.
Purely trashy and low class.

Neal
Old August 29th 04, 03:48 AM
Rich S.

"Neal Fulco" wrote in message
om...
I was wondering if anyone else had seen that scene and been as
incensed as I was at NBC's lack of compassion ( putting it mildly.) I
found myself actually yelling at the television. I just couldn't
believe the network would take advantage of this lady's misfortune.
Purely trashy and low class.

People might ask us why we don't gripe to NBC about it. That would have the
same effect as answering a piece of SPAM with a request to be removed from
the list. Yeah, right.

Glad you feel the same way.

Rich S.

Old August 29th 04, 03:51 AM
Jerry Springer

C J Campbell wrote:
"Rich S." wrote in message

Impaler. It would be poetic justice to see Ted Nugent shove a microphone
in
their face as Vlad rammed a splintered timber up their arse, "Tell us what
you're feeling right now, will ya'?"

Personally, though, I think the US men's basketball team deserves all the
humiliation that can be heaped on it. Bunch of pathetic, tattooed,
trash-talking, arrogant, spoiled millionaire, gangsta wannabe losers..... I
don't think you could find anywhere a set of worse excuses for humanity to
represent the United States. Well, maybe some Abu Ghraib prison guards....
Or Jerry Springer.... But wait, all those guys looked, talked, and acted
like they might be guests on Springer, so I guess that's redundant.

I agree with you that the basketball players are a bunch of whinning
spoiled overpaid losers.

I do have to take exception when you start throwing my name into the mix :-)

Jerry (THE REAL ONE) Springer