Cessna's next piston single

Old February 11th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna's next piston single

Has anyone heard any more details about what Cessna is doing for their
new piston single? Last I heard, they had confirmed that there is a new
plane in the works, but there weren't any details on what it is. I'm
guessing they will be showing something at Oshkosh this year.

My speculation (which is worth about zero) is that they are doing a
fixed gear P-210 with the new Lycoming 580 engine in it. That would
give them a 210-230kt cruise at 25,000ft, 6 seats, and pressurization
to compete with Cirrus and Columbia. Columbia has to be working on
pressurization also, given their experience with the Lancair IV-P.

Any informed or uninformed thoughts?

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/index.html

Lancair Columbia 400: The World's Fastest Certified Piston Single Engine Aircraft! David Ross Aviation Marketplace 0 August 24th 04 07:13 PM
Cessna's new piston single. Dan Luke Piloting 3 July 7th 04 12:54 AM
Piston V.S Turbo Prop Vigo Owning 10 July 2nd 04 06:15 PM
Is taking off on single mag bad for engine flyer Home Built 10 September 21st 03 09:43 PM
WANTED: partnership, rental or club with fast single or light twin in San Diego Jim McGarvie Aviation Marketplace 0 September 13th 03 03:55 PM