AvWeb's FlightExplorer

Old December 13th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default AvWeb's FlightExplorer

I received the e-mail message below this morning:

Key features include...
Viewing air traffic for the entire US and Canada.
Monitoring real-time FAA delay information for airports in the US.
Displaying TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions) and SUAs (Special
Use Airspaces).
Overlaying highways, waterways, and cities as landmarks on your
flight path.
The ability to provide loved ones with a simple way to track
flights from takeoff through landing.
And much, much more!
https://www.flightexplorer.com/perso...memberid=AVweb

Sincerely,
The AVweb Flight Explorer Team!
https://www.flightexplorer.com/perso...memberid=AVweb

Has anyone tried AvWeb's FlightExplorer yet? If so, does it provide
any features not already found on the Internet?

Old December 13th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

I used to have Avweb's FlightExplorer but after figuring out that it
was a good one or two versions behind regular flavor FlightExplorer and
the same price, I switched. I have since upgraded to the "pilot
edition" which offers a few more features. One I like is the ability to
see the clearances received from previous flights to/from paricular
airports.

I'm not sure if the new AvWeb Personal Edition has this but you should
check out the FE website to make sure.

I really like it although I probably don't use it as much as I should.
However, the best featue I think is the email alerts of specified
flights (like with your tail #). I have my tail number text message my
wife's cell when I depart and land. Pretty cool.

Marco

Larry Dighera wrote:
I received the e-mail message below this morning:

[snip]

Old December 13th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Many of the flight explorer features are available for free at
www.flightaware.com

oups.com...