L-nav Settings Ventus 2ct-18

Old July 17th 03, 03:45 PM
Oliver Peters

Default L-nav Settings Ventus 2ct-18

Hi,
As there is no polar for the V2ct, does anyone have
any settings that they have used, that work well, for
an L-nav set up for a Ventus 2ct 18m?

L/d V2 etc

Many thanks OP

Old July 17th 03, 05:03 PM
Francis Svobodny

L/D = 47 at speed 105 km/h and speed 180km/h for polar point at -2m/s (at
empty weight and wings clean)
In any case, when you set MC= 1.4m/s with correct wind you will maintain
your glide path steady (L/D around 40) with speed beetween 110 and 150
km/h...
In addition, I use a security height of 200m.
I have used those settings with my Ventus 2c for 4 years and now with my
Ventus 2cm. They work very well.

message de news: ...

Old July 17th 03, 11:27 PM
Mike Borgelt

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:03:44 +0200, "Francis Svobodny"
wrote:

L/D = 47 at speed 105 km/h and speed 180km/h for polar point at -2m/s (at
empty weight and wings clean)
In any case, when you set MC= 1.4m/s with correct wind you will maintain
your glide path steady (L/D around 40) with speed beetween 110 and 150
km/h...
In addition, I use a security height of 200m.
I have used those settings with my Ventus 2c for 4 years and now with my
Ventus 2cm. They work very well.

The V2CM has a considerably higher weight than the V2C. What empty
weights do you have for both?

Mike Borgelt
Old July 18th 03, 12:49 AM
Oliver Peters

The glider i had in mind is in fact an Ventus2ct. So
one would assume that the data given for that of the
V2c and the V2cm would not be that far out, am i correct?

Many thanks OP

Old July 18th 03, 04:14 AM
Mike Borgelt

On 17 Jul 2003 23:49:42 GMT, Oliver Peters
wrote:

The glider i had in mind is in fact an Ventus2ct. So
one would assume that the data given for that of the
V2c and the V2cm would not be that far out, am i correct?

Many thanks OP

TheVentus 2C I'm familiar with had an empty weight of 272 Kg, the
V2CM I know have empty weights of around 360Kg . A not inconsiderable
difference. Even if the 2Ct is in the middle the other two vary by at
least 40 Kg from it.

Mike Borgelt