Spray paint can nozzles

Old July 16th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Spray paint can nozzles

Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs. increase the pressure
required to operate the standard paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember
that I could just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent dent.
Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes into seizure and my
finger is in pain.

Stu

Old July 16th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:43:17 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs. increase the pressure
required to operate the standard paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember
that I could just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent dent.
Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes into seizure and my
finger is in pain.

And here I thought it was just me!

Stu

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old July 16th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Your finger is getting old - - it just can't take it anymore !
Old July 18th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs. increase the pressure
required to operate the standard paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember
that I could just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent dent.
Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes into seizure and my
finger is in pain.

Stu

I don't have that problem but all spray can paint I can find isn't work
a ****. Remember when spay can paint was worth using?

Tony
Old July 18th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Moffett

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in
:

Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs.
increase the pressure required to operate the standard
paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember that I could
just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent
dent. Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes
into seizure and my finger is in pain.

Stu

How well I know the problem!......and the solution!

http://www.makezine.com/pub/tool/Spr...Trigger_Handle

These are available at most paint and hardware stores.

Makes painting with rattle cans a pleasure.

Only warning: If you shake the can with the handle attached,
make sure that the nozzle hole is pointed away from you when you
start spraying again.

Ken
Old July 18th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Ken Moffett" wrote in message
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in
:

Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs.
increase the pressure required to operate the standard
paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember that I could
just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent
dent. Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes
into seizure and my finger is in pain.

Stu

How well I know the problem!......and the solution!

http://www.makezine.com/pub/tool/Spr...Trigger_Handle

These are available at most paint and hardware stores.

Makes painting with rattle cans a pleasure.

Only warning: If you shake the can with the handle attached,
make sure that the nozzle hole is pointed away from you when you
start spraying again.

Ken

Thanks for the info on a great looking product.

BTW, in case anyone reading this is unawa At least in humid climates
like Florida, rattlecan paint never seems to air-dry really hard. The
solution it to let it air-dry for the recommended drying time and then
"bake" it overnight. It doesn't need to be very hot, 20 degrees above
ambient is more than enough, so a 100 watt light bulb in a large insulated
box is sufficient.

Peter

Learning to spray paint mhorowit Home Built 22 August 24th 07 05:55 AM
End Of Spray Season [email protected] Rotorcraft 0 September 24th 05 02:44 AM
The NEW liquid spray Pledge - Pledge® Multi-Surface Clean & Dust Spray No Spam Owning 6 February 15th 05 06:50 PM
Interior Spray Paint Ben Smith Owning 11 June 14th 04 08:33 PM
Rechargable Aerosol Spray CAn Michael Horowitz Home Built 12 August 29th 03 07:44 PM