About Bertie

Old January 20th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Default About Bertie

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:49:37 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

The point is, it doesn't matter if I were Joe Stalin, Satan himself or
even Maggie Thatcher.

Might be different if you were Winston Churchill, though...

Yeah, did you notice that you never see them together? :-)

Come to think of it, I've never seen Bertie in the same room with Oliver
Cromwell either.
Old January 20th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Default About Bertie waatch out for him adding k00k groups

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:55:50 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

Tina wrote:
I just looked at google's "about this group" section, and Bertie, you
must get some kind of award. You are drawing more flak than MX, and
he's one of the most frequent posters to the newsgroup but you don't
seem to have cracked the top 10 in number of posts. I would say you
are getting more flames per post than anyone else. You're like the
Prius of posters, somehow extracting energy from those who are trying
to put breaks on you.

Graham, on the other hand, more closely resembles Priapus. Or part of
him, at least...

You probably can't tell, if he's wearing a hat....

Precisely.
Old January 20th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

wrote:

The point is, it doesn't matter if I were Joe Stalin, Satan himself
or even Maggie Thatcher.
Might be different if you were Winston Churchill, though...

Yeah, did you notice that you never see them together? :-)

Come to think of it, I've never seen Bertie in the same room with
Oliver Cromwell either.

Or John Holmes..

Bertie
Old January 20th 08, 01:26 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

But it was more likely that Bunyip would disappear quite quickly if
ignored.

The Bunyip is no different than a virus-infested file -- if you don't open
it, it's invisible and harmless. Thanks to killfile(s), I haven't seen any
of his drivel in weeks, and it's simply wonderful.

Without his acidic personal attacks on everyone and everything, rec.piloting
is still chock-full of good aviation stuff.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 20th 08, 01:27 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote in
:

snip NZ "scandal"

Hey, you left out the bit about the queen mother you netkkoin gpiece
of ****!

How many years now has Graham had you living rent-free in his head?

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Miller's Law: In order to understand what another
person is saying, you must assume that it is true
and try to imagine what it could be true of.

Old January 20th 08, 01:28 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

But it was more likely that Bunyip would disappear quite quickly if
ignored.

The Bunyip is no different than a virus-infested file -- if you don't
open it, it's invisible and harmless. Thanks to killfile(s), I
haven't seen any of his drivel in weeks, and it's simply wonderful.

Liar

Without his acidic personal attacks on everyone and everything,

Nope, only assholes.

rec.piloting is still chock-full of good aviation stuff.

Well, barring your stuff, of course.

Bertie
Old January 20th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

wrote:

The point is, it doesn't matter if I were Joe Stalin, Satan himself
or even Maggie Thatcher.
Might be different if you were Winston Churchill, though...
Yeah, did you notice that you never see them together? :-)

Come to think of it, I've never seen Bertie in the same room with
Oliver Cromwell either.

Or John Holmes..

No, I distinctly recall seeing the two of you chatting up a drag queen
in Vegas back in '87. He wasn't looking very healthy by then.
Old January 20th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in news:4792a737$0$1111
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

wrote:

The point is, it doesn't matter if I were Joe Stalin, Satan himself
or even Maggie Thatcher.
Might be different if you were Winston Churchill, though...
Yeah, did you notice that you never see them together? :-)
Come to think of it, I've never seen Bertie in the same room with
Oliver Cromwell either.

Or John Holmes..

No, I distinctly recall seeing the two of you chatting up a drag queen
in Vegas back in '87. He wasn't looking very healthy by then.

Ew!

Bertie
Old January 20th 08, 01:47 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation, rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 19, 1:27*pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Local internet service providers may consider blocking an American from
taking part in online discussions following one of the worst cases of
"flaming" seen in this country.

How about starting an "alt.bunyip.bertie.the" group since so many
people (especially from new zealand) seem obsessed with his opinions
and flame activities?

I mean, sheet, haven't you ever been called a "fjukkwit" before?