We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Old March 14th 17, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Nice bit of fantasy, if you're into that stuff. I preferred this
reading, however:
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/Am...ts/demrep.html

On 3/14/2017 10:19 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 12:05:27 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Giggle, snort...

You guys are a laugh a minute! Each one of us likes his guy and hates
the other's. Do we really need to rehash stale politics? Oops! Did my
proper use of a pronoun, and apostrophe, and correct spelling give me away?

Lock and load...

Douglas Adams had it nailed 30 years ago:

http://zenbullets.com/blog/?p=1637

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 14th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Naysayers, naysayers!!! Are you guys really pilots? Aren't soaring pilots supposed to be optimists?

The same nonsense statements were said about the wright brothers.

A PW-5 cost $18,500 new.

Using an inflation calculator, that would be $29,487 in today's money.

I'm talking about a "barebones" glider, no frills. No blowholes, no winglets, no water ballast, no flaps, just the absolute basics. Nothing but basic instruments, no upholstery, just a seat pan.

If it happened with the PW-5, it can happen again....just this time needs to be with a 15 meter wingspan and a t tail.
Old March 14th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

Here's the funniest part of all this... try buying a glider. Long wait times. Factories can't keep up with the demand. And that's at these "excessive" prices.

That's not exactly a sign of an overpriced market. When supply is well below demand, it's unlikely that the product is overpriced.

Gliders go forever, and you can get incredible performance at a very reasonable cost by buying a 25 year old glider. Only a fool would try to compete against that.

To the OP - why not just buy an older glider? Why ask someone to build something that already exists?
Old March 14th 17, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Uncle Hank,

Roman Åšwitkiewicz is laughing right now reading YOUR comment!!
Old March 14th 17, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Old March 14th 17, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Andrew Ainslie,

If it was the same price, why buy something that's 40 years old???
Old March 15th 17, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Uncle Hank,

Roman Åšwitkiewicz is laughing right now reading YOUR comment!!

Maybe you can tell me who he is.
UH
Old March 15th 17, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie

If WHAT was the same price?

There is no such product, nor will there be.

Unless you'd like, as an act of philanthropy, to take $20 million or so and sink it onto making gliders and selling them at below cost.

Or - just buy a 2nd hand 19.
Old March 15th 17, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That Douglas Adams quote is so appropriate today in The Netherlands. Thanks!
Old March 15th 17, 08:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Rollings[_2_]

I will produce what you want, at that price, but I need an order for
900,000 of them and a 50% deposit.