The Flying Car

Old October 15th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default The Flying Car

On 2007-10-11 04:54:57 -0700, John said:

I've seen a small blurb about another attempt to build a flying car.
You would think that people would learn from history. I have never
really seen the attraction. You end up with something that is neither
a car or a plane. As for me when I do go flying I want to be as far
from cars and everything else earthbound as possible.

John Dupre'

The problem that the flying car is supposed to solve is that an airport
is rarely your final destination. Most people want to leave the airport
after they have landed and go somewhere else, whether it is to
Grandma's, off to dinner, or a business conference.

The courtesy car is becoming extremely rare and it is only available
for an hour or so at a time anyway. Rental cars are not available at
all airports, especially on weekends.

So, for some people, the idea of being able to drive somewhere, perhaps
after removing or folding the wings, is kind of attractive. They see
flying as a tool, a means of transportation, rather than as
entertainment or something to while away the hours boring holes in the
air around the local pattern.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old October 15th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

And besides landing and finishing the drive to grandma's, wouldn't it be
nice to drive under that line of thunderstorms and take off again instead of
waiting for them to get out of the way. Or drive to a VFR airport instead
of waiting for the fog to lift.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

A frog in a well does not know the great sea.

Old October 16th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
news.west.cox.net

I just saw the only flying example of the original flying car in Kissimee,
FL last week. It's actually a very nice piece of engineering, though not
very practical. If you're in hte area, pop on over to the Kissimee airport
and check it out.

Regards,
Jake
ups.com...

Old October 16th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("news.west.cox.net" wrote)
I just saw the only flying example of the original flying car in Kissimee,
FL last week. It's actually a very nice piece of engineering, though not
very practical. If you're in hte area, pop on over to the Kissimee airport
and check it out.

http://www.goldenwingsmuseum.com/Aircraft.html
Another "flying example" is the Golden Wings Museum Aero Car

http://www.discoveraviationdays.org/images/Aerocar.jpg
In 2000 "ours" g flew, during D.A.D.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/aircraft/Aerocar/info/info.htm
A good history site