Who was "Music Through the Night" announcer in the 80s?

Old January 2nd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,ne.weather,demon.local
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default Who was "Music Through the Night" announcer in the 80s?

wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in message
On 30 Dec 2006 21:18:31 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:35:17 -0500, wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
.. .
On 29 Dec 2006 21:56:26 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 29 Dec 2006 18:02:50 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 28 Dec 2006 00:40:35 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:05:59 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:47:56 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:33:41 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
wrote:

"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote

in
message

roups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

wrote in
message

oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

wrote
in message

oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

wrote in
message

oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote in
message

groups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote
in
message

oups.com...
7329 7270 Completely anal

retentive
kookdancing
queen,
Dickless
Davie
7329 7270

the
"irrelevaant"
Ignoranus
whined
and
7329 7270 tholed like the
antagonistic arsehole
that
he
is:
Clueless in Seattle wrote:

Back in the 80's we had a
commercial-free
classical
music
station
out
here in Seattle called

KUOW
(which sadly has
long
since
switched
to a
nearlly all-talk format).

Back in those days I was

still
young and
energetic
enough
be
able
sit up nearly all night

working
on projects
while
listening to
the
radio. My program of

choice was
"Music
Through
the
Night"
which
in
the
mid to late 80s featured

an
announcer whose
deliverly
was
so
understated that he seemed

like
a phantasm.

I believe the show was

produced
by Minnesota
Public
Radio
and
may
have
been distributed by

American
Public Radio or
Public
Radio
International
or something like that. I

seem
to recall
noticing
that
the
distributor
was not NPR.

Does anyone reading this

recall
that
program,
and
more
particularly,
the name of the announcer?

Is this the person who would
occasionally
insert
weather
forecasts
for
selected portions of the

country
by saying
something
like
"Prospects
for the central time zone.

Snow.
In the
northern
plains."
with
very
slow delivery (his use of
"prospects" was
fairly
frequent
and
rather
distinctive of him)? If so,

the
name that
comes
mind
right
now
is
Arthur Hayne (or Haine). I

recall
impersonating
him
once to
get
laugh from a colleague who

was all
too
familiar
with
his
slow
delivery.

You always were a bit slow,
Dickless. Butt what
does
that
have
do
with ne.weather?

I keep getting email invitations

join some
yahoogroup
about
weather -
nw.weather must be infested with
spammers as well
as
trolls.

Ask not for whom the poast trolls,

for
it trolls for
thee.

Merry Xmas, Bruce.

Xmas is over, Bruce. Its already

Boxing
Day down
here.

Here too now. A couple of people

gave me
money, which
I'm
going
spend at
the boxing day sales - I want some

new
CDs.

Luxury! I bet Dickless went out and

bought
some shellac
78's
so he
could digitise them and take out the

pops on
his 0S/2.

LOL!

Why are you laughing? I'm sure Dickless

will be
completely
serious
in
this endevour. I even bet that right now

he off
scouring the
four
corners of the Earth looking for 78s.

Haven't most of the good 78s been remastered
already?

If I ever hear a good Caruso or Melba, I'll

let you
know.

Thanks, but no thanks. The name is

clarinet.fan, not
opera.fan.

Do you think you'll find much good, pop-free

clarinet
music on old
78s?

Unlikely, escepially since I'm not even looking

there.
Most of the
best
clarinet music was written long after the age of

78s.

Doesn't Woody Allen play the clarinet? Or am I

thinking
of Bill
K'lintoon?

Allen is the clarinettist.

So what was it K'lintoon played? Was it a sexophone?

LOL! That sounds about right.

And the winner of today's cigar is.....clarinet fan!

Whatever you do, just don't smoke it! - Yul Bryner.

The President and I, Bruce?

Looks like we've got ourselves another winner. Give the man a

cigar.

Has he bent over, Bruce?

More like doubled up in pain, Carl.

Where exactly did youz put the cigar, Bruce, and was it lit at the
time?

We three kings of Orient are,
Smoking on a rubber cigar.
It was loaded,
it exploded.
BANG! [Pause].

We two kings of Orient are,
Tried to smoke a rubber cigar
It was loaded,
it exploded.
BANG! [Pause].

I one king of Orient are,
Puffing on a rubber cigar
It was loaded,
it exploded.
BANG! [Pause].

Silent night...

That Lewinsky broad should of got herself one of them!

What, a rubber, Carl? Well, it would have stopped the stain on her
dress at any rate.

Butt not the stain on her character, Bruce.

Or the stain on his.

Out damn Spot!

Old January 2nd 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,ne.weather,demon.local
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 1 Jan 2007 03:10:06 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 30 Dec 2006 21:20:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 29 Dec 2006 21:57:57 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 29 Dec 2006 18:01:07 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On 28 Dec 2006 00:38:33 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:

clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Clueless in Seattle wrote:

[...]

distinctive of him)? If so, the name that comes to
mind
right
now
is
Arthur Hayne (or Haine). I recall impersonating him
once to
get
laugh from a colleague who was all too familiar with
his
slow
delivery.

You always were a bit slow, Dickless. Butt what does
that
have
do
with ne.weather?

I keep getting email invitations to join some yahoogroup
[...]

Maybe Acker Bilk.

Acker Bilk and his Merry Ilk, Bruce?

Do mine eyes deceive me or did I just see an elk?

Deer oh deer, Bruce.

Don't buck the system, Carl.

I try to steer away from that sort of thing, Bruce.

Really, Carl? I always take the bull by the horns.

Don't have a cow, Bruce.

Careful, Carl. Or you'll get Foamy's goat.

Speaking of which, Bruce, is goatse.cx still around?

In one form or another, Carl. Butt I think the site owner is being a
bit sheepish about it.

Youz can't beat diversity, Bruce.

It gets a bit unbearable sometimes, Carl.

--
Official "netcabal.com demon"

Old January 2nd 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,ne.weather,demon.local
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:

wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:35:17 -0500, wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:05:59 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:47:56 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
wrote:

.. .

clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote
in message

oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote in
message

oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
wrote in
message

groups.com...

Clueless in Seattle wrote:

[...]

Seems she came out of it better than he did, Carl.

He certainly came, Bruce, but did she?

That probably depends on exactly what she did with the cigar, Carl. Was
it a Cuban?

--
Official "netcabal.com demon"