Helicopters?

Old October 30th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Helicopters?

I confess. I'm a rotor winged whore. In spite of the degredation of
this board and the slipping of standards, I keep hoping for things to
improve. Perhaps that is the mantra for a helicopter pilot?
Damn that just made me laugh. Maybe I am good for something after all?
Why has this NG gone south? There used to be some really great people
adding their inputs. What drove them away? I'm still here. Stuart is
here ....where have all the rest of you gone? I'm sure they are
lurking like me hoping for some good reparte and exchange of info.
God am I getting desperate and need consuling? Nahhhh
I'm gonna take my wife and son on a helicopter flight vis a vis a
friend who has three helicopters and told me I could take any one of
them. I wonder if I'm gonna have to do tourist flights for a month to
pay for it! No matter. If my son remembers it that is all that
matters.
Best Holiday regards to you all.
Rocky aka Ol S&B
Old November 5th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

On Oct 31, 3:10*am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
[...]

There's always a bit of (pro oriented) banter on pprune.org under the
rotorheads section.
Old November 5th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

On Oct 30, 9:10*am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
[...]

I agree. It's sad to see this NG fall off the way it did. I read for
quite a few years. Not to feed into it, but maybe it has something to
do the with Belfort Basher who has been wasting his time here?

dunno...
Old November 8th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Brien

I agree. It's sad to see this NG fall off the way it did. I read for
quite a few years. Not to feed into it, but maybe it has something to
do the with Belfort Basher who has been wasting his time here?

It was after the Belfort Basher got in here that things went South. I can
only hope in the future something like that gets cut off before it
drives people away again.

Old November 13th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

On Nov 8, 10:42*am, "Brien" wrote:
I agree. *It's sad to see this NG fall off the way it did. *I read for
quite a few years. *Not to feed into it, but maybe it has something to
do the with Belfort Basher who has been wasting his time here?

It was after the Belfort Basher got in here that things went South. I can
only hope in the future something like that gets cut off before it
drives people away again.

I think people drifted away before then, and I think we discussed that
as well. Many people seem to have preferred the format of web forums
to news groups, which mostly required news server access prior to
Dejavu and Google. I'm with OSB, and miss all of the old days as well.

--Linc
Old November 14th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

On Nov 13, 11:44*am, Linc wrote:
On Nov 8, 10:42*am, "Brien" wrote:

I agree. *It's sad to see this NG fall off the way it did. *I read for
quite a few years. *Not to feed into it, but maybe it has something to
do the with Belfort Basher who has been wasting his time here?

It was after the Belfort Basher got in here that things went South. I can
only hope in the future something like that gets cut off before it
drives people away again.

I think people drifted away before then, and I think we discussed that
as well. Many people seem to have preferred the format of web forums
to news groups, which mostly required news server access prior to
Dejavu and Google. I'm with OSB, and miss all of the old days as well.

--Linc

Linc
Will miss some of the fun and give and take. Am unsubscribing from
this group after this post. I still hang out over at JustHelicopters.
Best holiday regards everyone.
Rocky Kemp Ol Shy & Bashful