New Coating

Old March 14th 16, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

Default New Coating

Hi

Guess how long it will be before we all put this stuff on our gliders??

https://youtu.be/IPM8OR6W6WE

No more waxing or Bugwipers!!

Muttley
Old March 14th 16, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 12:01:03 PM UTC-7, Muttley wrote:
Hi

Guess how long it will be before we all put this stuff on our gliders??

https://youtu.be/IPM8OR6W6WE

No more waxing or Bugwipers!!

Muttley

I will coat my underwear with that stuff for low saves!

Old March 14th 16, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 3:01:03 PM UTC-4, Muttley wrote:
Hi

Guess how long it will be before we all put this stuff on our gliders??

https://youtu.be/IPM8OR6W6WE

No more waxing or Bugwipers!!

Muttley

Mind=Blown
The day they sell this in rattle cans will be the day i go bankrupt...
Old March 14th 16, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 3:01:03 PM UTC-4, Muttley wrote:
Hi

Guess how long it will be before we all put this stuff on our gliders??

https://youtu.be/IPM8OR6W6WE

No more waxing or Bugwipers!!

Muttley

Soooo..... buy RainEx...... seems to be "the same/similar"......

Yes, it's cool..... but not the 1st (from what I've seen before).
Old March 15th 16, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug[_7_]

Hey Muttley, any chance you're the same Muttley from theach C2 forum?
Old March 15th 16, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

From the MSDS sheet, ingredients by weight:
acetone: 96 - 98%
silica: 2 - 4%
proprietary additive: 1%

I'll let someone else test the effects of that on their gelcoat for a number of years first...
Old March 15th 16, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 12:07:37 AM UTC, Doug wrote:
Hey Muttley, any chance you're the same Muttley from theach C2 forum?

sorry must be another Muttley!

Old March 15th 16, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 8:07:37 PM UTC-4, Doug wrote:
Hey Muttley, any chance you're the same Muttley from theach C2 forum?

First, I would like to see laminar airflow studies on glider airfoils. There is the assumption this will not affect the laminar flow or increase it. Maybe the opposite.
Old March 15th 16, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 2:26:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
From the MSDS sheet, ingredients by weight:
acetone: 96 - 98%
silica: 2 - 4%
proprietary additive: 1%

I'll let someone else test the effects of that on their gelcoat for a number of years first...

Sounds like a very good material for removing wax protecting the finish.
UH

removing transparency coating Brad[_2_] Soaring 13 September 22nd 09 02:13 AM
Penalitel anit-corrosion coating Jon Woellhaf Owning 2 June 27th 07 06:11 PM
Coating aluminum Lou Home Built 23 December 24th 05 04:11 AM
How to identify fabric/coating process used? Wallace Berry Home Built 7 October 7th 05 07:14 PM
Suitable coating for spring-steel wire? Wright1902Glider Home Built 6 February 9th 04 04:12 PM