best US jet vs Russian jets?

Old March 8th 04, 10:11 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message
Keith Willshaw wrote:

Whee... It's just as I wrote in the follow-up to Stinky's post!! :-)

Only Keith, ...
Do you really think that Iraq is going to be in the market for
military, fighter, jets in the near future?

1-3 years probably not beyond that definitely.

Keith

Old March 8th 04, 10:43 PM
William Black

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

I believe Arafat will outlast Sharon politically.

Probably.

Eventually Sharon will loose an election

Arafat is in for life

It's the difference between a democratically elected politician and a
tyrant...

--
William Black
------------------

Old March 8th 04, 10:44 PM
Tarver Engineering

"William Black" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

I believe Arafat will outlast Sharon politically.

Probably.

Eventually Sharon will loose an election

Sharon is in trouble now.

Arafat is in for life

Christian Arabs have nowhere lese to go.

It's the difference between a democratically elected politician and a
tyrant...

Not exactly.

Old March 8th 04, 10:45 PM
William Black

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message

Only Keith, ...
Do you really think that Iraq is going to be in the market for
military, fighter, jets in the near future?

1-3 years probably not beyond that definitely.

I wonder if they'll get to pick what they want...

--
William Black
------------------

Old March 8th 04, 10:51 PM
Tarver Engineering

"William Black" wrote in message

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message

Only Keith, ...
Do you really think that Iraq is going to be in the market for
military, fighter, jets in the near future?

1-3 years probably not beyond that definitely.

I wonder if they'll get to pick what they want...

First Iraqis will have to choose a political solution. Otherwise they will
end up standing in a line killing each other, until a political solution can
be reached.

Old March 8th 04, 11:05 PM
Stinky Pete

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Stinky Pete" wrote in message
et...
Well...it's been a romp for US jets pretty much always.

Just look at the record of Russki jets in the first Gulf War, the

Balkans,
Libya and Israel vs. Syria in the Bekaa valley.

This should give you some idea why jets like the Gripen, Eurofighter and
Rafale can seem to sell for diddly.In the past 10 years, they've

probably
sold for export 20 aircraft between the three of them.

Well now all 3 are relatively new aircraft and only the Rafale is
likely to be offered to Syria, Iraq, Libya or Iran

Well now, offering and selling are two different things, ain't they. The
Frogs are offering the Rafale to Indonesia but that's a long way to a sale.
I don't think that plane has ever gotten any export orders.

Saab have sold around 40 Gripen to SA and Hungary, and are
negotiating with the Brazilians. I rather doubt that they would sell
to Israel at all.

I believe the Hungarian planes are leased.

As for Eurofighter the current no of orders is more than double that
for F-22 at UK 250, Italy 130, Germany 130 and Spain 90
with export orders from Austria and interest from Singapore

Germany just barely avoided chopping its order.
JSF is the Faberge egg of fighters. Not many can afford them. So why not
compare the JSF? JSF will sell literally thousands of aircraft. The second
batch of Euroblighters will stall in contract negotiations for most if not
all of this year. It seems the lovey-dovey partners can't agree on what
weapons systems to put in and how much they will cost. So the numbers you
mention above are a long way from reality. JSF will probably surpass those
numbers easily...and its not even in production yet.

Germany came real
close to bailing out of the Eurofighter program. If it wasn't for India,
Russia wouldn't sell anything either.

This is a silly thing to say when you consider the large number of nations
operating Sukhoi and Mig aircraft.

Old ones. At some point though, India will have crashed all the old ones and
then they'll have to buy new.

Keith

Old March 8th 04, 11:09 PM
George Z. Bush

"William Black" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

I believe Arafat will outlast Sharon politically.

Probably.

Eventually Sharon will loose an election

Arafat is in for life

It's the difference between a democratically elected politician and a
tyrant...

OTOH, the man is 75 years old and reputedly not in the best of health. Perhaps
Allah will call for his departure from this vale of tears before much more time
passes.

George Z.

Old March 8th 04, 11:10 PM
Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message
. ..

YULKA wrote:

Hello, ville!

So how good a slingshot you have is totally irrelevant when

you got grenades, for instance!

With best regards, YULKA. E-mail:

Shouldn't one of the "you"s above be an I?

How about Ariel Sharon vs. Arafat
Who's got the sling and who the grenade?

I believe Arafat will outlast Sharon politically.

Putting Sharon and the leader of the Hamas both
under the guilotine with each holding a deadman switch
controlling the other's guilotine
would be the spectacle that I'd like to arrange!

So you don't think that Sharon will try (succeed)
killing Arafat before he's through?

Old March 8th 04, 11:21 PM
Tarver Engineering

YULKA wrote:

Hello, ville!

So how good a slingshot you have is totally irrelevant when

you got grenades, for instance!

With best regards, YULKA. E-mail:

Shouldn't one of the "you"s above be an I?

How about Ariel Sharon vs. Arafat
Who's got the sling and who the grenade?

I believe Arafat will outlast Sharon politically.

Putting Sharon and the leader of the Hamas both
under the guilotine with each holding a deadman switch
controlling the other's guilotine
would be the spectacle that I'd like to arrange!

So you don't think that Sharon will try (succeed)
killing Arafat before he's through?

I think Sharon will do nothing more, so that his legacy is preserved.

Old March 8th 04, 11:52 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Mark T. Evert
writes
Now in fairness technology is quite a bit different now....but I bet a Mig29
would be a good match for it's counterpart in the West.

The Germans didn't think so: excellent close-in agility and a good
combination of IR missile and helmet-mounted sight, but really poor
combat persistence and serviceability, and poor performance outside the
close-in turning fight (bad human factors in the cockpit, poor radar,
poor countermeasures)

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill