R22 Tailrotor RPM

Old August 24th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default R22 Tailrotor RPM

Can someone provide the tailrotor RPM of the R22?

Main rotor is 520rpm correct?

Thanks,

John

Old August 24th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Impressive. Thanks.

Old August 25th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

So, main rotor RPM would be 529.81317446808510638297872340426 RPM and
tail rotor RPM would be 3395.6208

AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH

ALERT ALERT.... Far be it for the cook and bottle washer to
question the captains wisdom

AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH

ALERT ALERT....

Are you sure

Are you sure

Are you sure

tail rotor RPM would be 3395.6208

That's three thousand three hundred and ninety five.
Old August 25th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

Yep. When I first calculated it back in June of 2004, I literally
said, "Holy ****!" and did it again...

So, for the sake of the cook's sanity....

2652 * 0.8536 = 2263.7472 - Input RPM at the main gearbox.

2263.7472 * (3/2) = 2263.7472 * 1.5 = 3395.6208

Just for giggles, I double checked the ratios in my POH and they were
correct. I checked my notes from ground school and they also agreed
with the above calculation.

No wonder that little bugger has such an effective tailrotor.

ALERT HAS BEEN CANCELED.

The cook has gone back to the kitchen.

Folks.... Meet my new potato slicer.

The R-22 Slice-O-Matic.

It slices, it dices, it julienne shreds.

But wait - That's not all.

Buy this little gadget by midnight tonight and we will throw in the
rest of the helicopter plus the kitchen sink at no extra charge.

Your wife and kids will love it.

While daddy is bringing the main rotor up to speed the kids will just
love what the tail rotor will do to a spud.

One little arm motion will be all that's needed by your youngest child
to fling a spud through the tail rotor.

You will have the thinnest sliced potatos possible.