Winter project

Old January 2nd 05, 01:11 PM
HL Falbaum

Thanks---
I have a 302 and not a word in the manual about it! No "page" of the 302
divulges the condition of the battery to warn of impending failure. Perhaps
we should all email Cambridge to request a firmware change or some direction
in the manual.

How did you learn of this situation?

Thanks again for the info
--
Hartley Falbaum
ASW27B "KF" USA

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
HL Falbaum wrote:
Do you know that for sure or could it be some type of non-volatile
memory?
That Dittle FSG71M has a built-in Lithium battery for it's memory which
is soldered into the PC board and looks like a capacitor. Dittle
recommends changing every 5-6 years. Not a job for amateurs.

Yes, the 302 has a lithium battery to provide backup for an internal
volatile memory (I believe the flight logs are store in flash memory,
however). It can't be replaced by the owner, as it requires opening the
case, which will break the security seal. In a few years I'm sure we'll
be hearing on r.a.s. just how long this battery lasts...

Marc