Amiriya (sp?) shelter bombing 13 years ago.

Old February 16th 04, 08:48 PM

Default Amiriya (sp?) shelter bombing 13 years ago.

I am trying to figure out several things about the ifamous incident
resulting in destruction of the bomb shelter in Baghdad on 2.16.91 and
death of several hundreds of non-combatants.
1st - what were the weapons used? I've read that they might have been
missiles or guided bombs or mix of the two.
2nd - what launched them? I believe it was a Nighthawk.
3rd - what exactly happened? Most say that the first weapon punctured
the ceiling and the second one dove in. There is also talk about them
going through a vent. Another source says that the first one missed
and blocked the doors. Others say that the doors locked automatically,
since it was an NBC shelter. Also it's not clear how much time passed
between the weapons' hits. Some say almost none, other - 6 minutes.
4th - did it effectively stop air raids against Baghdad?
5th - the intelligence, I do not think I need to elaborate.
6th - what was the death toll, I saw 408 and 314, as well as 1,100+?
The latter is an obvious BS, I think.

If you want to use this topic as an opportunity for off-topic bashing
of the US, I am telling you right now to take your mental menstruation
somewhere else.
Old February 18th 04, 05:53 PM

ANYONE? There must have been a ton of discussion at the time.