Commercial Written

Old January 16th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Macklin

Default Commercial Written

Everybody navigates with dead reckoning when the electrons
stop.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
| Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address) wrote:
| I took it a bit over 2 years ago. I didn't like all the
questions that
| asked how many minutes to station it was when you some
degrees or miles
| off course. Who navigates like that?
|
| Yeah!
|
| There's no answer that states "The time shown in the
DISTANCE TO NEXT box!"

Old January 16th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in
:

Everybody navigates with dead reckoning when the electrons
stop.

Not neccesarily...

Bertie
Old January 18th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 6, 7:08 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:4ab3f73b-091e-4671-8bcb-
:

Any of y'all taken the FAA commercial written recently?

We're having a spell of bad weather here, so I got the ASA commercial
test prep book for hangar flying fun. I've got all the flight
experience needed for a commercial, minus the specific practical test
preparation, so I guess I'll try for that rating for my next BFR.

What I see is that the questions are still all full of what I call
"Simon says" type problems: absurdly picky gotchas along with
impossible to read fuzzy graphs. In one of them the "right" answer is
689 feet ground roll and one of the wrong answers is 716 feet. Now how
can anyone read those fuzzy pictures precisely enough to tell the
difference?

So, for anyone's who's done it lately: do you get a printed, fuzzy
book to read the charts from on the actual computer test? How is the
test run? It's been quite awhile since I took private and instrument.
Things might have changed since then.

One more rant: why do they have so many ADF questions? How long has it
been since anyone's seen an airplane with a working ADF?

Yesterday.

Bertie

How very special. Unsurprising, as it's been clear for some time that
you are a very special sort of aviator.

I'm done with the written now but still have yet to see a working ADF.
The few old dogs I've seen that are still hauling one around have all
had them placarded inop.

Old January 18th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 17, 6:04 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:7d3779b6-9ef2-4b7d-833e-
:

Yesterday.

Bertie

How very special. Unsurprising, as it's been clear for some time that
you are a very special sort of aviator.

Yeah, only speshul peeple fly with ADFs.

I'm done with the written now but still have yet to see a working ADF.
The few old dogs I've seen that are still hauling one around have all
had them placarded inop.

We can't dispatch without at least one working if an approach requiring one
is anticipated.
I suggest you stop flying ****.

Bertie

A good suggestion, no doubt, but beat up old **** with half the
instruments inop tends to be what's available.
Old January 18th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 17, 6:23 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote :

On Jan 17, 6:04 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:7d3779b6-9ef2-4b7d-833e-
:

Yesterday.

Bertie

How very special. Unsurprising, as it's been clear for some time
that you are a very special sort of aviator.

Yeah, only speshul peeple fly with ADFs.

I'm done with the written now but still have yet to see a working
ADF. The few old dogs I've seen that are still hauling one around
have all had them placarded inop.

We can't dispatch without at least one working if an approach
requiring one is anticipated.
I suggest you stop flying ****.

Bertie

A good suggestion, no doubt, but beat up old **** with half the
instruments inop tends to be what's available.

How do you get your sports scores or do your lazy eighs to oldies
without one?

Bertie

Oh, I am insufficiently advanced in piloting skills to have realized
the importance of doing that. I will seek out a working ADF tout de
suite.

Old January 19th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

John Smith wrote in news:jsmith-897F36.19344118012008
@news-server.columbus.rr.com:

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

How do you get your sports scores or do your lazy eighs to oldies
without one?

XM Radio on the Garmin GPS496

Ah! Can you download itunes with it?

Bertie

PPL Written Newps Piloting 7 August 22nd 07 12:43 PM
Commercial Written Test Question Mike Schumann Soaring 1 August 1st 07 07:30 PM
Power Commercial to Glider Commercial Mitty Soaring 24 March 15th 05 03:41 PM
What to study for commercial written exam? Dave Piloting 0 August 9th 04 03:56 PM
Commercial/CFI Written Knowledge Exams Eric Kobb Piloting 4 October 27th 03 11:23 AM