New FAA Insignia?

Old August 2nd 03, 05:37 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

Default New FAA Insignia?

BRUCE FRANK wrote:

I went to the site of "he whose name shall not be spoken" to see if there
was anything of value. In the article about the new pilot certificate I see
this logo for the FAA (attached). It appears that the background is a
stylized rendering of the planet earth. With such a view of the earth and
the FAA a Unites States governmental authority I would have expected at
least the North American continant. What is that? South America? Africa?
Upon much closer inspection it appears to be Africa. What the heck is going
on? Is this new? We don't want to appear US centric?

Bruce A. Frank

This is supposed to be an animated GIF where the world is spinning inside the logo. It just happens that

that this "freeze frame" shows the African continent.

Old August 2nd 03, 06:47 PM
BRUCE FRANK

Whew! That is better! Interesting that it doesn't move when viewed with
either of my browsers. Is it not presented on Z.....'s site as the animated
GIF? Where might I see it as it is intended to be displayed?

Bruce A. Frank

Old August 4th 03, 02:23 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

BRUCE FRANK wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure it is an "official" FAA logo. I remember seeing it on his site
before and it was spinning. I will see if I can find it.

Rick