Arlington NASCAR track dead?

Old November 26th 04, 11:29 PM
UltraJohn

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

KC is a cow town.
Bring back the cows and stockyards.
I miss 'em.

Barnyard BOb - Moooooooooooo

BB
I'm on the way to KC Dec. 6-10 for a class for my work. NWS, our training
center is out by the main airport. I'm looking forward to some of that
moooolicious barbeque!
John

Old November 27th 04, 12:23 AM
RobertR237

I am looking at the Garland or Rockwall area but still haven't made a

decision
yet.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

In what area will you be working? Kids in school? I'm familiar with
most areas of the Metroplex. Plus traffic arteries.

UTSouthwestern / Parkland Medical Center area. I am looking to locate close to
DART Rail since an annual DART pass will only cost me $40. No kids in school,
she is grown and supposedly on her own but I am not sure what that means
anymore, seems to cost me more now than when she was in school. The number one
area on my list right now is the East Shores Country Club area of Garland.
Like the older homes with mature trees.

Old November 27th 04, 04:08 AM
Barnyard BOb -

KC is a cow town.
Bring back the cows and stockyards.
I miss 'em.

Barnyard BOb - Moooooooooooo

BB
I'm on the way to KC Dec. 6-10 for a class for my work. NWS, our training
center is out by the main airport. I'm looking forward to some of that
moooolicious barbeque!
John

I'm of two emotional barbeque hearts and minds, John.

I grew very fond of West Tennessee pork pit BBQ....
Memphis style, during my formative crop dusting years.
It's not an epicurean delight that a Connecticut Yankee
can readily forget....
if he doesn't get lynched before marrying into a southern
sheet wearing, bible thumping clan that's also famous for
producing the best corn based_tax free_ethanol that ever
graced the innards of a White Lightning jug. ;-)

Barnyard BOb -- Mooooooo and Yahoooooo

Old November 27th 04, 04:34 AM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote
..

KC is a cow town.
Bring back the cows and stockyards.
I miss 'em.

Barnyard BOb - Moooooooooooo

Hmmm. You *must* have a unusual sense of smell. I don't recall stockyards
smelling all that good. Although, given the choice between the self
important athletes, and the mooos, maybe that is the better choice.

KC has rather stunk up the field as of late, even with the paydays of that
particular group.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 27th 04, 04:38 AM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote

It's not an epicurean delight that a Connecticut Yankee
can readily forget....
if he doesn't get lynched before marrying into a southern
sheet wearing, bible thumping clan that's also famous for
producing the best corn based_tax free_ethanol that ever
graced the innards of a White Lightning jug. ;-)

Barnyard BOb -- Mooooooo and Yahoooooo

I did a run that produced 4 gallons of the White, just to see if I could.
Not bad, if I must say so myself. Around 178 proof, and smooth! g

--
Jim in NC
Jim (unleaded) in NC

---

Old November 27th 04, 01:32 PM
UltraJohn

Morgans wrote:
I did a run that produced 4 gallons of the White, just to see if I could.
Not bad, if I must say so myself. Around 178 proof, and smooth! g

Yeah and I didn't inhale either ;-)

Old November 29th 04, 02:56 AM
Andy Asberry

On 27 Nov 2004 00:23:54 GMT, osite (RobertR237)

[...]

There is probably not a better area for what you are looking for.
Maybe around White Rock Lake. Not all cities joined DART.
Old November 30th 04, 02:55 PM
Barnyard BOb -

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message If you'd stay upwind it wouldn't be so
bad...

You definitely want Bob to stay downwind of you.

D.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Great idea Capt Crunch, but there is a caveat.

Bob - ****ing upwind - not recommended.
Old December 1st 04, 01:44 AM
Capt.Doug

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message Great idea Capt Crunch, but there is a
caveat- ****ing upwind - not recommended.

Five days for a response- you been on vacation?

D.

Old December 1st 04, 07:33 AM
Barnyard BOb -

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message Great idea Capt Crunch, but there is a
caveat- ****ing upwind - not recommended.

Five days for a response- you been on vacation?

D.

Yes sir....

For the record, everyday is a vacation.
If I wasn't so fond of you, I might not have ever answered.

FWIW -
If you worked hard as a cropduster, you would have made enough
to retire 10 years ago.... you petulant, pampered wuss/puss. g

BB