US threatens to take actions against Iran

Old March 11th 05, 12:31 PM
Jack Linthicum

old hoodoo wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
No, Syria first. Let's see a show of hands of how many people here
would like to see Damascus up in smoke?

Rob

We're off on the road to Damascus! Would make a great Bob Hope/Bing

Crosby sequel to the road movies. Story of two imbedded

correspondent's
who find adventure, romance, and comedy on the road to Damascus while

searching for the dread WMD's. The dry Wolf Blitzer could reprise the

Bing Crosby role ...and who is funny enough to play Bob Hope?
Geraldo???? Maybe Khadafi could put in a cameo role as a sidekick

or a
camel.

I have never heard Wolf sing, although I have heard wolves sing. How
about the ever-nominated Jon Stewart as the Bob Hope role? And he has a
background in fake news. He would fit in with this news group, as he
told Brian Williams the other night his group never checks facts.

No, Tony Blair and George Bush cannot be in the film. That would be

too
much ham in one movie. Ok, I guess they could be in one or two scenes

for additional comic relief. They could be running hither and there
turning up stones at random, saying, "Just one more stone and we will

find them."

What would an overdose of ham do to a Moslem-themed picture? I am
appalled that the Coalition, which my Rogets' tells me can be in
cahoots, haven't come up with a WMD even if they had to bring it in
from outside.

As a sequel can have the Road to Tehran, then the Road to Pyongyang
(that's a mouthfull)....then the crowning sequel....the Road to

Peking!

Perhaps we could outsource and pay the Chinese to invade themselves.

Old March 11th 05, 06:20 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message
ups.com...
old hoodoo wrote:
Rob Arndt wrote:
[...]

With you apparently leading the charge, having just told us that the 2001
QDR resulted in our having reduced the requirement for "armored divisions"
and that having a detrimental effect on our security posture--when in fact
no "armored divisions" or for that matter any other kind of divisions, have
been eliminated or reduced in size/capability since 2001. In fact, with the
"Unit of Action" concept, we are seeing *more* ground maneuver elements
being fielded than we had in 2001!

Brooks

snip

Old March 11th 05, 11:43 PM
old hoodoo

Jack Linthicum wrote:

old hoodoo wrote:

Rob Arndt wrote:

[...]

Are you bucking to be the director with all of these very good
suggestions? I feel terrible that I mentioned the pork merely by
accident when I should have done so intentionally.

What bothers me about Jon Stewart is that he often gets closer to the
basic truth than the "real" media who supposedly checks facts.

Old March 11th 05, 11:57 PM
Peter Skelton

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:43:39 -0600, old hoodoo
wrote:

Jack Linthicum wrote:

old hoodoo wrote:

Rob Arndt wrote:

[...]

The only outright, unlabelled lie Jon tells is the one about not
checking.

Peter Skelton