glider instructors in the US

Old September 14th 20, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default glider instructors in the US

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 8:34:23 PM UTC-7, Mike Schumann wrote:
On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 5:15:24 PM UTC-5, Zoltán Lengyel wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your input. Actually I keep watching job postings, and within that, pipeline patrol, but most of them require 1500 PIC time with experience in complex airspaces and low level flight, CPL and IR, and usually they hire locals (they provide no help in relocation). But in a general sense I'd absolutely be interested in such pipeline work (if I'd meet the requirements - but I'm afraid I don't). So, again, the best would be to find a place where I could work as a glider/motorglider instructor and go from there.

Zoltan

A much bigger issue is how you expect to get a visa to the US to be able to work here. That is going to be a Hugh challenge.

You need the proper visa to take flight training in the US. See this link:
https://www.aopa.org/advocacy/pilots...sa-information

This link indicates you might need a permanent resident visa to work in aviation in the US, but it is not authoritative:
https://www.airlinepilot.life/t/work...ot-in-us/16077

Old September 14th 20, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 8:34:23 PM UTC-7, Mike Schumann wrote:
On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 5:15:24 PM UTC-5, Zoltán Lengyel wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your input. Actually I keep watching job postings, and within that, pipeline patrol, but most of them require 1500 PIC time with experience in complex airspaces and low level flight, CPL and IR, and usually they hire locals (they provide no help in relocation). But in a general sense I'd absolutely be interested in such pipeline work (if I'd meet the requirements - but I'm afraid I don't). So, again, the best would be to find a place where I could work as a glider/motorglider instructor and go from there.

Zoltan

A much bigger issue is how you expect to get a visa to the US to be able to work here. That is going to be a Hugh challenge.

and there are people in the US who make their living sorting out visas for situations like the one described:
https://www.foxrothschild.com/conten...tion_Pages.pdf
Old September 15th 20, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wes Minear

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 5:15:24 PM UTC-5, Zoltán Lengyel wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your input. Actually I keep watching job postings, and within that, pipeline patrol, but most of them require 1500 PIC time with experience in complex airspaces and low level flight, CPL and IR, and usually they hire locals (they provide no help in relocation). But in a general sense I'd absolutely be interested in such pipeline work (if I'd meet the requirements - but I'm afraid I don't). So, again, the best would be to find a place where I could work as a glider/motorglider instructor and go from there.

Zoltan

Stay on your journey, keep working on ratings and building time. Your description of an acceptable life style is quite that of a popper by American standards. I have a CFIG and ASEL AMEL Instrument. I get letters in the mail monthly asking me to come flight instruct for commercial operators(ASEL work mostly), there are many other flying opportunities which pay much more than this. This would be a great opportunity to take and then move on to a higher paying job and enjoy soaring for a hobby rather than a job.

Just an alternate $.02

Wes
Old September 15th 20, 08:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Zoltán Lengyel

Hi Wes,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts/info/experience with me/us ! Well, the thing is.. ( hmmm, how shall I say this briefly..?!) .. you maybe/probably don't know my country, how things go here... (small country and quite dictatoristic leadership. If someone is not expressedly from their 'circles'... , well... :-/ ).

In order to build time first of all I'd need some income (to pay my bills and keep me afloat, and to be able to keep flying). These days for instance, I'm sending out curriculums as a truck driver or a groundwork machine operator... (and hope to be hired). That's one of the reasons why I'm curious to see whether there might be a place where I could get started (employed) with the experience/skills that I currently have in aviation. (AND also because I believe that in order to become a good pilot, it's very useful and practical to start as a glider pilot. ) In other words I'll find "something" for survival and in the meantime keep building ratings and time just as you suggested, BUT it would be even better (nicer) if I wouldn't need to waste my precious Time with truck driving (or such), so I'm trying to gather information and build connections.("Networking".) But, certainly I do understand that we all need to do something that our society needs - and as long as there's an acceptable balance with making money ("with something") and doing what I enjoy, I'm allright

Best,
Zoltan

Tow pilots & instructors fred Soaring 7 July 27th 07 05:06 PM
Flight instructors fred Piloting 4 June 15th 07 04:49 PM
flying with different instructors gatt Piloting 19 January 1st 05 07:03 PM
Good Instructors... doc Piloting 52 December 5th 04 09:20 PM
Switching instructors? Dave Jacobowitz Piloting 13 November 5th 04 09:32 PM