Price gap between 100LL and autogas

Old September 11th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

Default Price gap between 100LL and autogas

Currently the price gap between 100LL and 87 unleaded, on a national
average basis, is approximately $1.50, give and take. That's quite a
bit higher than say 1997, I remember the gap was definitely below $1.

The total consumption of 100LL will continue to drop in the years to
come, caused by high end operators moving to turbine, and low end
operators reducing their hours due to escalating fuel prices. Logic
says that the price gap of 100LL and 87 unleaded will increase further,
because the special handling and transportation cost of 100LL fuel will
have to be amortized over a smaller amount of total 100LL sale.

I guess all the low compression engine flyers better get their autogas
STC and start lobbying their legislators for a stable supply of ethanol
free autofuel now.

Interesting sources:
http://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html
http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/
http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

Old September 11th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Dave S

Low end operators usually can tolerate low octane, lead free fuels (80/8
7 Variety). 1/4 of the GA fleet used 3/4 of the 100LL - the high power
piston operators, usually piston twins..

Dave

Old September 11th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Newps

M wrote:

The total consumption of 100LL will continue to drop in the years to
come, caused by high end operators moving to turbine, and low end
operators reducing their hours due to escalating fuel prices.

Except the price of fuel is dropping.
Old September 11th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

Just for this winter season. Not for the long term prognosis.

Old September 11th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Newps

We don't know that. All signs now point to lower fuel costs. Time will
tell.

Old September 11th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

We don't know that. All signs now point to lower fuel costs. Time will
tell.

Right now I'm paying $2.35 per gallon for mogas in Iowa City. It has
dropped $.36 per gallon since I last filled the Mighty Grape -- a truly
remarkable price change.

Avgas is still right around $4 per gallon, which makes this the biggest
price differential I've ever seen between Av- and mo-gas.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 11th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Local bulk 100LL price is 2.86 + tax. Say 3.25 or so. Cental
Illinois. Will sell in small lots picked up at the terminal

Bob

Old September 11th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
We don't know that. All signs now point to lower fuel costs. Time will
tell.

Right now I'm paying $2.35 per gallon for mogas in Iowa City. It has
dropped $.36 per gallon since I last filled the Mighty Grape -- a truly
remarkable price change.

Avgas is still right around $4 per gallon, which makes this the biggest
price differential I've ever seen between Av- and mo-gas.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Ours last week dropped by $0.60/gal for 100LL. It is now $3.05/gal.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old September 11th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

"Newps" wrote in message . ..
:
:
: M wrote:
:
:
: The total consumption of 100LL will continue to drop in the years to
: come, caused by high end operators moving to turbine, and low end
: operators reducing their hours due to escalating fuel prices.
:
: Except the price of fuel is dropping.

During the election season...

Old September 12th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Ron Lee

".Blueskies." wrote:

: Except the price of fuel is dropping.

During the election season...