Ice Storm pix

Old December 17th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Ice Storm pix

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_ice_storm.htm '

(That would be "www dot alexisparkinn dot com forward slash
2007_ice_storm dot htm" for you guys on browsers that truncate
links...)

As you can see, things got pretty slick around here. And this group's
own NW Pilot chose this week to visit! Here are a few pix of Steven
with the brand, new $600K Cirrus SR-22 he was delivering to Paris,
France...

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_nwpilots_visit.htm

(That would be "www dot alexisparkinn dot com forward slash
2007_nwpilots_visit dot com")

Just an amazing aircraft. Of course, for over half-a-million bucks,
it had better be!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 17th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Ah the midwest, I'm currently sitting under about 7" of snow and about a
1/4" of ice that fell Saturday into Sunday but we luckily missed all that
ice you guys got. Snow I can handle, ice sucks.

That Cirrus is awesome!

Old December 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just an amazing aircraft. Of course, for over half-a-million bucks,
it had better be!
--

I hope it stays that way. I can't believe he is making that crossing in
winter. Oh to be young, and if not stupid, then at least gutsy.
Old December 17th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I hope it stays that way. I can't believe he is making that crossing in
winter. Oh to be young, and if not stupid, then at least gutsy.

Apparently there is some European Value Added Tax that is going to
increase the cost of private aircraft tremendously...soon. (After the
1st of the year? I don't remember.)

This has driven a lot of people to buy Cirruses (Cirri?) before the
end of the year, which has made ferrying these aircraft hugely
profitable for guys like NWPilot.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 19th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Jay Honeck schrieb:

Apparently there is some European Value Added Tax that is going to
increase the cost of private aircraft tremendously...soon. (After the
1st of the year? I don't remember.)

FYI, thre is no such thing as a European tax (camparable to US federal
tax). Every nation within the EU has their own tax laws (though there
are some efforts for harmonisation within the EU).

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old December 19th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Apparently there is some European Value Added Tax that is going to
increase the cost of private aircraft tremendously...soon. (After the
1st of the year? I don't remember.)

FYI, thre is no such thing as a European tax (camparable to US federal
tax). Every nation within the EU has their own tax laws (though there
are some efforts for harmonisation within the EU).

Perhaps NWPilot can fill in the details here? There is some reason
that he is suddenly in tremendous demand to ferry a bunch of Cirrus's
to Europe before the end of 2007 -- and it had to do with taxes.
Dunno which ones...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 19th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:07:27 +0100, Martin Hotze
wrote:

Jay Honeck schrieb:

Apparently there is some European Value Added Tax that is going to
increase the cost of private aircraft tremendously...soon. (After the
1st of the year? I don't remember.)

FYI, thre is no such thing as a European tax (camparable to US federal
tax). Every nation within the EU has their own tax laws (though there
are some efforts for harmonisation within the EU).

They have a Value Added Tax (VAT) which is a tad over 17% plus there
was an import duty on aircraft.

I don't know how it works out for aviation, but for electronics,
radios may run from 50 to 100% more than in the US.

Roger (K8RI)
#m

Old December 20th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

They have a Value Added Tax (VAT) which is a tad over 17% plus there
was an import duty on aircraft.

I don't know how it works out for aviation, but for electronics,
radios may run from 50 to 100% more than in the US.

You mean this neat little $399 Compaq laptop I'm happily pecking away
on would cost $800 in Martin's Austrian world?

Dang, I knew my great-great-great-Grandfather Heinrich left that part
of the world for a good reason!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 20th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Jay wrote:
You mean this neat little $399 Compaq laptop I'm happily pecking away
on would cost $800 in Martin's Austrian world?

You can almost guarantee that by the time something electronic crosses the
pond, the cost in UKP is pretty much the same as the cost in US$. As
(currently) there are about $2 to the pound, then yes, things work out being
a lot more expensive over here.

Andy
Old December 20th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Dec 17, 11:47 pm, Gig601XLBuilder
wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in
Just an amazing aircraft. Of course, for over half-a-million bucks,
it had better be!
--

I hope it stays that way. I can't believe he is making that crossing in
winter. Oh to be young, and if not stupid, then at least gutsy.

Oh dear, have I got a story for you guys..

It'll have to wait for a few beers..

Bertie

Ice storm! Jay Honeck Piloting 82 February 28th 07 01:13 PM
OSH storm pix Jay Honeck Piloting 19 August 26th 06 06:34 AM
Storm Damage john smith Piloting 0 June 23rd 06 10:05 PM
Southern Arizona Storm Ken Reed Owning 12 June 10th 06 04:01 AM
Hanger and gliders hit by storm. [email protected] Soaring 6 February 1st 05 01:44 AM