101 Pegase A

Old March 17th 19, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default 101 Pegase A

Does anybody know the history of the above ship listed on Wings and Wheels?
At a asking price of 13k it seems like it could be a great first glass ship for someone. There taking offers. Looks like it needs a computer, some tow out gear. Throw a couple of thousand at battery's, trailer if it needs it, accessory's, and you could have a nice ship, cheap, those planes are good looking IMHO.
Its also got a Trig transponder installed and a radio.
anybody know this glider?
Old March 17th 19, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I don't now this particular glider but, unless there is something you're not being told (missing logs or incomplete ADs for example), it seems like a good deal. Pegs in good condition, when they come up, tend to have asking prices in the mid-20s. FAA database says the owner is Stonewall Marine, LLC in NY.

Mike
Biased Pegasus owner
Old March 17th 19, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:52:41 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Does anybody know the history of the above ship listed on Wings and Wheels?
At a asking price of 13k it seems like it could be a great first glass ship for someone. There taking offers. Looks like it needs a computer, some tow out gear. Throw a couple of thousand at battery's, trailer if it needs it, accessory's, and you could have a nice ship, cheap, those planes are good looking IMHO.
Its also got a Trig transponder installed and a radio.
anybody know this glider?

I know the glider.
Old gelcoat but not bad at all for age.
Solid glider with no major issues, other than age. Was donated to NSM by the widow of the former owner.
UH
Old March 17th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

As Hank said, he knows the glider and it is just older gelcoat. Yeah, it doesn't have a Clearnav or LXblah blah or insert your favorite computer, but the plane is sound. Flies 60 minutes every hour, just like a new JS3 will do.

Price was set to generate interest and see it get to a good, new home. Quickly. Ad says, "reasonable offers accepted", but don't think you will get it for much less. Time to sell is short and I haven't bought a glider in 6 months or so...

Full disclosure. I am on the Board of Trustees of the National Soaring Museum and helped in establishing the asking price. If I selected too high, I may end up with another plane. If I selected too low, you can have a bargain.

Steve Leonard
Old March 17th 19, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 10:45:13 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
As Hank said, he knows the glider and it is just older gelcoat. Yeah, it doesn't have a Clearnav or LXblah blah or insert your favorite computer, but the plane is sound. Flies 60 minutes every hour, just like a new JS3 will do.

Price was set to generate interest and see it get to a good, new home. Quickly. Ad says, "reasonable offers accepted", but don't think you will get it for much less. Time to sell is short and I haven't bought a glider in 6 months or so...

Full disclosure. I am on the Board of Trustees of the National Soaring Museum and helped in establishing the asking price. If I selected too high, I may end up with another plane. If I selected too low, you can have a bargain.

Steve Leonard

Steve says it well. I also helped with pricing.
I bought 2 in the last 6 months so I'm on hold for a while.
UH
Old March 18th 19, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

With that new information, I'd say its a steal. There a 1-34 just above it on W&W with an asking price that's 5K more.

Centrair Pegase in the US Hans Bodde Soaring 6 August 8th 18 09:28 AM
Spinning a Pegase Dan S Soaring 14 April 10th 18 05:31 PM
Centrair - Pegase [email protected] Soaring 7 February 25th 17 04:36 PM
Right pegase aileron Ollie Sleigh Soaring 0 August 10th 16 08:49 PM
pegase 101d Eddy Van Roon Soaring 0 May 13th 05 08:07 PM