OK -- Here's the Ultimate List of 90+ "Aircraft-Accessible Aviation Museums"

Old January 14th 04, 05:43 PM
R.Hubbell

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:09:24 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

How does one do that? Just put the little claim at the bottom of the page,
or is there still a "real" way to do it?

IANAL (I am not a lawyer)

From the rec.aviation FAQ:

Subject: Copyright

Copyright (C) 1990-1999, Geoffrey G. Peck, all rights reserved.
You may redistribute this information freely as long as it is distributed in
its entirety, with this copyright notice included. You may also not charge,
either directly or indirectly, for this information, nor may you include this
information in a compendium for which a charge of any sort is made.

There must be someone around here that can give guidance on this.
But I think something similar to the above is enough to cover
your rights.

Thanks for compiling the list, now who's going to visit all
of them first? Ready. Go! I smell a contest. Set a deadline,
get a small entrance fee ($100 is small for pilots).

I was tempted to flight plan a trip to all of them, using Destination
Direct. I wonder how many miles/days it would take?

I think six months would be pushing it assuming you had only
that flying to do.

Anyone up to a flight-planning challenge?

Not enough time for me. Someday, maybe.

R. Hubbell

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 14th 04, 05:47 PM
Ron Natalie

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:09:24 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

How does one do that? Just put the little claim at the bottom of the page,
or is there still a "real" way to do it?

IANAL (I am not a lawyer)

From the rec.aviation FAQ:

There's technically no requirement anymore to do anything to a publication
to assert copyright. (Since the adoption of the Berne convention in 1989).
Placing scare notices in your document just reinforces to people that you
intend to assert those rights.

Old January 14th 04, 08:43 PM
Chuck

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

How does one do that? Just put the little claim at the bottom of the

page,
or is there still a "real" way to do it?

snip

Jay, check out http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Basically, you don't have to "register", but to cover my butt, I would. It
cost $30 .

I think that you are on to something, so I would sure follow up on it and do
it the right way!

Old January 14th 04, 09:51 PM
Gene Seibel

Thanks Jay!
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:mK3Nb.54188$8H.102796@attbi_s03...
http://alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_aviation_museums.htm

I think this list of fly-in museums is by far the most useful I've found --
thanks for helping to create it, folks! Please check it over for accuracy,
and submit any additions/corrections you may find to me at

I have not had time to check all the web links (this whole endeavor has
ended up taking WAY too much time! ;-), so if you find any "dead" links,
please let me know...

Personally, I plan on frequenting those aviation museums that open their
front (or back) doors to the very people who make airplanes a part of their
lives -- we pilots. It's a terrible irony that so many aviation museums
keep the runway-side doors locked, and I plan on using this list to help put
money in the pockets of those curators who are enlightened enough to welcome
us with open hangar doors!

Old January 14th 04, 10:20 PM
Gig Giacona

Jay, here's another possible listing. The Aerospace Education Center. It is
right across the street from Little Rock National Airport. A few aircraft on
display, IMAX and an aviation library.

http://www.aerospaced.org/

The place was supposed to be a statewide Aerospace high school. Unfortunatly
they couldn't come up with the funding for the school part.

Old January 14th 04, 10:21 PM
Kyler Laird

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

Why? To keep it from becoming too useful?

--kyler

Old January 14th 04, 10:40 PM
Jay Honeck

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

Why? To keep it from becoming too useful?

Yeah, that's kind of my feelings too, Kyler.

I didn't create the list for profit, after all. I did it because I wanted
the list for myself -- and Jav Henderson is kind enough to provide server
space so we can ALL share it. I'll be happy if people see it, use it, copy
it, steal it -- whatever -- just so long as it promotes museums who welcome
pilots!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 04, 02:55 AM
R.Hubbell

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:21:35 GMT Kyler Laird wrote:

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

Why? To keep it from becoming too useful?

There is that...but....

He did the work to put it all in one place to add something
unique to his hotel web site. When someone else takes his
work and copyright's it as their own they will tell him to
remove it from his site. That ain't fair!

R. Hubbell

--kyler

Old January 15th 04, 03:03 AM
R.Hubbell

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:47:37 -0500 "Ron Natalie" wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:09:24 GMT "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Don't know if you have or not but you might want to put a copyright
on that document.

How does one do that? Just put the little claim at the bottom of the page,
or is there still a "real" way to do it?

IANAL (I am not a lawyer)

From the rec.aviation FAQ:

There's technically no requirement anymore to do anything to a publication
to assert copyright. (Since the adoption of the Berne convention in 1989).
Placing scare notices in your document just reinforces to people that you
intend to assert those rights.

Does that apply to electronic documents or printed documents? Or is the distinction
not important? I could imagine something that silly, no problem.

R. Hubbell