Best sunglasses for flying?

Old September 24th 04, 11:29 AM
Cub Driver

I always figured I had the best and cheapest sunglasses in the world:
an AOPA ballcap with the brim slanted exactly at the top of my specs.
(To be sure, I sit in the back seat of a Cub, so I don't get as much
light as the guy in front. On the other hand, it has L-4 glazing, so a
lot is coming in from the top and sides.)

Then one day I walked under the aileron horn, got a bad laceration,
concussion, and trip to the hospital.

Now I throw my "sunglasses" onto the seat with my other gear while I'm
walking around the plane, pre- and post-flight.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org
Old September 24th 04, 05:05 PM
C Kingsbury

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Then one day I walked under the aileron horn, got a bad laceration,
concussion, and trip to the hospital.

I think I owned my 172 for about 3 weeks before I got the dreaded Cessna
Tattoo on my forehead. Happened the Saturday before a week of sales calls so
I had a lot of opportunities to explain what that funny-looking welt on my
noggin was.

-cwk.

Old October 2nd 04, 02:29 PM
John Gaquin

"Stefan" wrote in message

.... The only drawback is that I have to care not to
sit on them.

Simple. Don't put them in your back pocket.