Emergency Landing on I-70!

Old February 25th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Emergency Landing on I-70!

This happend in my neck of the woods, amazing there wasn't a car crash or
something from rubber necking!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/802250370

Old February 25th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

This happend in my neck of the woods, amazing there wasn't a car crash or
something from rubber necking!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/802250370

Carburetor ice? From the picture, it looks as if there was a fair amount
of water vapor/fog in the air. IIRC, the temperature in that area was
ideal for carb ice formation.

Old February 25th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Proctor

Carburetor ice? From the picture, it looks as if there was a fair
amount
of water vapor/fog in the air. IIRC, the temperature in that area was
ideal for carb ice formation.

Yep, according to this article:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/1...3/detail.html#
Old February 25th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/802250370

Well done, pilot!

Old February 25th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

"gatt" wrote:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/802250370

Well done, pilot!

Depends. Did he do something stupid that caused the problem? In
that case he endangered himself and others. I am awaiting the full
story.

Ron Lee

Old February 25th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Lee writes:

Depends. Did he do something stupid that caused the problem? In
that case he endangered himself and others. I am awaiting the full
story.

Carb heat?
Old February 25th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You don't know **** from Shinola.
Old February 25th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Scott Skylane

Mike Proctor wrote:
Carburetor ice? From the picture, it looks as if there was a fair amount

of water vapor/fog in the air. IIRC, the temperature in that area was
ideal for carb ice formation.

Yep, according to this article:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/1...3/detail.html#

Well, the article did cite "ice", but it wasn't carb ice, that's a fuel
injected motor. Perhaps ice crystals on a fuel screen, or maybe he iced
up the air filter, although the alternate air should have cured that.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old February 25th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Ron Lee writes:

Depends. Did he do something stupid that caused the problem? In
that case he endangered himself and others. I am awaiting the full
story.

Carb heat?

Yeah, the famous killer carb heat.

Bertie
Old February 25th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mike Proctor" wrote in message
t...
Carburetor ice? From the picture, it looks as if there was a fair

amount
of water vapor/fog in the air. IIRC, the temperature in that area was
ideal for carb ice formation.

Yep, according to this article:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/1...3/detail.html#

I hadn't heard what exactly the issue was, I was figuring the fuel lines
were contaminated with air but apparently not.