Our charter: RAMN

Old May 10th 05, 11:50 PM
Jim

Default Our charter: RAMN

A reminder for those wishing to post here.

CHARTER: rec.aviation.military.naval

The purpose of this newsgroup is to facilitate open discussion about all
issues relating to Naval Aviation. It will provide a global forum for:
- pilots
- naval flight officers
- flight crew members
- aircraft maintenance personnel
- air traffic controllers
- flight deck personnel
- other support personnel
- others interested in Naval Aviation

The discussions will be based upon:
- flight training
- squadron history
- aircraft carrier operations
- patrol missions
- lighter-than-air operations
- combat experiences
- tower/GCA/CATCC experiences
- other subjects relating to and about Naval Aviation

The goal of these discussions is to provide a global community access to
discuss issues relating to Naval Aviation and foster interest in others
regarding this unique aspect of aviation.

A FAQ file(s) will be developed to include discussion topics outlined
above and other issues that will arise from the operation of the newsgroup.

The newsgroup will be unmoderated.

Commercial postings are not welcome as the group as proposed does not
require Vendors or Suppliers.

Binary file or graphic productions are prohibited. However a posting
may include reference to a URL or FTP pointing to such binary files.
Old May 11th 05, 09:55 AM
Keith W

"Jim" wrote in message ...
A reminder for those wishing to post here.

Please recall nobody appointed you as moderator.

Keith

Old May 11th 05, 10:46 AM
Jim

Keith W wrote:

Please recall nobody appointed you as moderator.

Keith

Nobody had to, I am the founder of this newsgroup.

Old May 11th 05, 11:26 AM
Keith W

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Keith W wrote:

Please recall nobody appointed you as moderator.

Keith

Nobody had to, I am the founder of this newsgroup.

Congratulations - buth that doesnt entitle you to act as moderator

Keith

Old May 11th 05, 11:52 AM
Jim

Keith W wrote:

Congratulations - buth that doesnt entitle you to act as moderator

Keith

Our group is setup to be not moderated. Many strong positions were
voiced for and against being moderated. End result is we chose to be
unmoderated and the format has served up well for nearly a decade.

Take a look again at our charter. We spun off of rec.aviation.military
to concentrate the discussions to naval aviation. Like you we read the
other groups as well finding interesting topics in each of them. We
simply request everyone to try to stay on topic, as defined in the
charter, when posting here. Your cooperation would be appreciated.
Old May 11th 05, 12:20 PM
John Miller

Jim, thanks for the reminder, and might I suggest that a monthly posting
of the charter would be a good thing.

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)
Old May 11th 05, 05:35 PM
Jim

John Miller wrote:
Jim, thanks for the reminder, and might I suggest that a monthly posting
of the charter would be a good thing.

Might be a good idea, volunteering? Actually over the years several
group readers have assisted doing so when they noticed messages arriving
that weren't naval aviation related.

Fortunately the vast majority of our readers are well educated and
aren't offended when we bring these details to their attention. Good
example are our AF brethren who seldom crosspost from RAM.
Old May 11th 05, 06:10 PM
John Miller

Jim wrote:
Might be a good idea, volunteering?

Happy to. I'll make one the first of June, and monthly thereafter,
unless someone waves me off.

--
John Miller
Retired in Georgia
Old May 12th 05, 06:04 AM
John Keeney

"John Miller" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
Might be a good idea, volunteering?

Happy to. I'll make one the first of June, and monthly thereafter,
unless someone waves me off.

You do realize that the charter is off topic?