AIP Question

Old January 4th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ross[_2_]

Default AIP Question

I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For example http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the ATC
folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI
Old January 4th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ross[_2_]

Default IAP Question

I corrected the subject...

Old January 5th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Gardner

NACO plates are not to scale outside of the 10-mile ring. Having the dashed
lines enables them to show you fixes that would normally be too far away to
print.

Bob Gardner

"Ross" wrote in message
I corrected the subject...

Old January 5th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Ross wrote:
I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For example http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the ATC
folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI

A more complete answer is: where a 10 mile ring is shown, the chart is
not to scale outside that ring. Where a 10 mile ring is not shown, the
chart is to scale throughout the plan view.

Example:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06941R18.PDF
Old January 5th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ross[_2_]

Sam Spade wrote:
Ross wrote:

I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For example http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the
ATC folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI

A more complete answer is: where a 10 mile ring is shown, the chart is
not to scale outside that ring. Where a 10 mile ring is not shown, the
chart is to scale throughout the plan view.

Example:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06941R18.PDF

So a circle will always show either a fix for the feeder facilities and
/ or a VOR, etc for enroute facilities and the circle will go though the
fix or VOR, etc? Just want to be sure I understand.
Old January 5th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Ross wrote:

So a circle will always show either a fix for the feeder facilities and
/ or a VOR, etc for enroute facilities and the circle will go though the
fix or VOR, etc? Just want to be sure I understand.

The circle is just for cartographic convenience. All it shows is that
the stuff outside the circle is NOT to scale. The stuff outside the
circle might be feeder stuff or it might be an actual piece of the
approach (an IAF may indeed be outside the circle).

You're reading too much into it.
Old February 3rd 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brad[_1_]

On Jan 4, 4:59*pm, Ross wrote:
I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". *The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For examplehttp://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the ATC
folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI

Basically they are there to tell you that there are facilities that
are on other charts, such as in this case, a STAR and an enroute
chart. FWIW, my understanding is that NACO is starting to remove the
FEEDER and ENROUTE rings off of charts as they add unnecessarily
clutter.
Old February 4th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ross

Brad wrote:

On Jan 4, 4:59 pm, Ross wrote:

I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For examplehttp://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the ATC
folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI

Basically they are there to tell you that there are facilities that
are on other charts, such as in this case, a STAR and an enroute
chart. FWIW, my understanding is that NACO is starting to remove the
FEEDER and ENROUTE rings off of charts as they add unnecessarily
clutter.

Thats nice to know. Thanks

--

Regards, Ross