Building a simulator

Old November 15th 04, 03:00 AM
Brad Zeigler

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in
message news:BDBD7F22.33813%jeffbTAKEOUTCAPS@TAKEOUTCAPSwi zardofdraws.com...
On 11/14/04 8:37 PM, in article

In all seriousness, I would be interested to know how one can tell an

Indian
from an American from an Israeli from a Mexican, etc., on a newsgroup with
any degree of certainty.
You may be able to tell from my last name that I have a bit of Italian

blood
in my veins, but who can say if that is in fact my real name just because

it
appears here? You can snoop around my websites, do a little research and
find out where I live and such, but not every poster has a website with

that
information readily available. As far as I've seen Mr.(?) Ramapriya did

not
include anything more than an email address in his sig.

Except for his admission that he's Indian...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S351438C9

....and five foot four.

Old November 15th 04, 03:17 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 11/14/04 10:00 PM, in article , "Brad
Zeigler" wrote:

Except for his admission that he's Indian...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S351438C9

...and five foot four.

Is that why you made it a shorter link?
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic

Old November 15th 04, 03:32 AM
Brad Zeigler

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in
message news:BDBD89F6.33862%jeffbTAKEOUTCAPS@TAKEOUTCAPSwi zardofdraws.com...
Zeigler" wrote:

Except for his admission that he's Indian...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S351438C9

...and five foot four.

Is that why you made it a shorter link?

Good one!

Old November 15th 04, 03:41 AM
Richard Hertz

"Jeff Shirton" wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in message

Most everyone here has been real patient, and answered your
questions about flying, but you are stepping across a line, with this.

You will have to understand that Citizens of the United States are very
suspicious of ANY middle-eastern person, asking about simulators,
or wanting to learn to fly large airliners.

Welcome to America, where you are found "guilty" without
benefit of a trial, solely based on the colour of your skin, and/or
the ethnicity of your name.

That is not the case. Our legal system suggests othewise. Personal
perception has always been subject to wide variations and I believe you will
find that in ANY country. It is unfair to make this unique to the US.

(Canada, the traced entry of AIDS into the US and also an easy entry point
to the US for terrorists. Makes me glad I'm not a Canadian. Are those fair
statements? Perhaps not, but they are accurate.)

Makes me glad I'm not an American.

And we are likewise pleased.

(Maybe there will be other Americans who will stand up against
this prejudiced behaviour... We'll see... I'm hoping...)

Yes, his comments were insulting and uncalled for. Unfortunately the ugly
Americans are so easily taken for representing the entire population. I try
my best to steer clear of US tourists when abroad. It is usually
embarrassing.

Ramapriya, I'm sorry that there are people like Jim in the world.

Why are you apologizing for someone else? Jim is free to post what he
wishes.

--
Jeff Shirton jshirton at cogeco
dot ca

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below
and smitethee. - William Kershner
Challenge me (Theophilus) for a game of chess at Chessworld.net!

Old November 15th 04, 03:43 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Brad Zeigler wrote:

Except that he's Indian, not middle eastern.

Perhaps, but in another post he spoke of a price he obtained from the nearest flight
school. In Dubai. That's in the United Arab Emirates. It's possible that he's
planning to travel there from India for training, but it's generated a bit of
confusion and (apparently) suspicion.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 15th 04, 04:12 AM
Morgans

"Jeff Shirton" wrote

Welcome to America, where you are found "guilty" without
benefit of a trial, solely based on the colour of your skin, and/or
the ethnicity of your name.

*******
All I said was that answering this question without knowing the person
posting, is akin to giving the keys to the bomb, that could destroy your
home, to a stranger. Would you do that Jeff? If you say yes, you ar a
liar.

And yes, it is profiling. Unfortunately, all of the World Trade center
terrorists, did fit this profile. Sorry, but those are the facts.
******

Makes me glad I'm not an American.

*******
Where do *you* live, Jeff? If you are not American, have you had *your*
largest city attacked, thousands of civilians killed, and two of your finest
landmarks destroyed?
******

(Maybe there will be other Americans who will stand up against
this prejudiced behaviour... We'll see... I'm hoping...)

Ramapriya, I'm sorry that there are people like Jim in the world.
--
Jeff Shirton

******
I am sorry that there are people in the world that would have such hatred
in their lives, that they would gladly commit suicide, to kill other people
of a nation, because of some rational and agenda of their own beliefs.

You will notice that I was very kind and courteous, answering other
questions of the original poster, and am not a person filled with hatred. I
would like to get along with everyone, but everyone does not want peace with
us. I will always be a person that trusts other people, and treats others
with respect, but there are limits, and caution needs to be used in times of
war. We are at war, and must protect ourselves.

--
Jim in NC
******

---

Old November 15th 04, 04:21 AM
Brad Zeigler

I recall in a previous thread that he was an Indian currently working in
Dubai. Consisting of a population of nearly 80% foreigners, Dubai is best
known in the middle east for oil, industry and shopping, rather than islamic
fundementalism and terrorist incubation.

Old November 15th 04, 04:24 AM
Morgans

"Vas Chellappa" wrote in message
Glad that there's at least someone who knows that "Indians" have nothing
whatsoever to do with "Middle Eastern." Wish more people in the US would
try to understand this.

--
SC

Wrong, in this case, I believe. Someone said he was from India, by mistake,
and you must not have seen where he was from. That post is not in my reader
now, and I am not going to go back and find it. The city he said he was
from was in Arab Emirates Republic, or something close to that, as I am not
fantastic in world geography, but that was what my search at the time
showed.

So where are you from, Ramapriya? I continue to respect your right to ask
questions, and be treated with respect, as you are most likely not a
terrorist, g but my point was that the current thread of building a
simulator may be viewed as a "sore" point among some here.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 15th 04, 04:32 AM
Morgans

"Brad Zeigler" wrote

Except for his admission that he's Indian...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S351438C9

...and five foot four.

That was George Patterson, saying that flying was expensive in India,
mistakenly, not Ramapriya saying he was from India.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 15th 04, 04:34 AM
Morgans

"Blueskies" wrote

Silly American! You think that you not giving an answer is the right thing

to do. Sad.. We need to be much more
creative to avoid the next 'attack'. I'm sure it will not look anything

like what has been seen before. As Rummy says,
the unknown unknowns...

Back OT, a good google will turn up all kinds of good stuff flight

simulators, full motion....

True, but don't expect me, or any other thinking American to give it to him
on a silver platter. I also agree that the next attack will most likely not
be just like the first attack.
--
Jim in NC

---