Oil/Bug cleaner

Old June 1st 04, 06:41 AM
tony roberts

Default Oil/Bug cleaner

Oil on the belly of the aircraft & the occasional streak around the cowl
, , , Bugs on the leading edge & struts . . . fingermarks around the
baggage door . . .

I use Turtlewax bug & tar remover in a trigger spray bottle - about
$4.00. - spray on, leave one minute and wipe off. So far has worked
really well and I haven't seen any negative side effects.

What do you use?

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old June 1st 04, 12:29 PM
Kyle Boatright

I buy el-cheapo windshield washer fluid. Works well on the painted surfaces,
but I have not used it on the plexi.

KB

Old June 1st 04, 01:03 PM
Stu Gotts

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 05:41:58 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Oil on the belly of the aircraft & the occasional streak around the cowl
, , , Bugs on the leading edge & struts . . . fingermarks around the
baggage door . . .

I use Turtlewax bug & tar remover in a trigger spray bottle - about
$4.00. - spray on, leave one minute and wipe off. So far has worked
really well and I haven't seen any negative side effects.

What do you use?

REJEX, but it's like 20 bucks a bottle because somewhere on the label
it says "airplane". Works well as a preventative, but I'm trying the
Turtle Wax this week!.
Old June 2nd 04, 01:28 AM
Al Gilson

In article nospam-2C0656.22444731052004@shawnews, tony roberts
wrote:

Oil on the belly of the aircraft & the occasional streak around the cowl
, , , Bugs on the leading edge & struts . . . fingermarks around the
baggage door . . .

I use Turtlewax bug & tar remover in a trigger spray bottle - about
$4.00. - spray on, leave one minute and wipe off. So far has worked
really well and I haven't seen any negative side effects.

What do you use?

My teenager.

Al Gilson
1964 172E
KSFF
Spokane, WA

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA

Plexiglas cleaner/ polish eddie Owning 9 August 1st 03 12:59 AM
Wing cleaner Viperdoc Owning 27 July 15th 03 05:03 PM