747-400 questions

Old February 26th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_1_]

Default 747-400 questions

Ahhhhh.... In other words..

You don't know the answer(s) to Mx's questions...

Dave

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:05:59 GMT, "Not4wood"
wrote:

Again, I'll have to explain things to MXS:

Side note: Way too many of the members of this great Usenet group agmfs
have put you in there kill files and wont see this. I am crossposting this
for the benefit of the RL Pilots who we have heard that you have ****ed off
as well. I never intentionally cross post until now where I feel I have to
inform the RL counterpart to this group about the latest events..

You've calm down lately and that is a good thing. Sorry to have to tell you
this but you have annoyed way too many people with your arrogant quotes and
self righteous attitude. Believing yourself to be an expert and tell people
that you know something when you dont is arrogant. When you dont do
something in RL and then become an expert because you see it printed by
somebody else and take credit for it. Now, thats arrogant. When, this
group starts to hear your ****ing people off in the RL Pilots Group because
you feel a need to try to be on there level of knowledge, skill and
experience. By arguing with them the things you've picked up in here and
making the mistake that this is real life and then going back to them and
arguing the point. Thats NOT arrogant. Thats just plain stupid. The Real
Life Pilots who fly RL planes see that you do nothing, learn nothing and
experience nothing but feel you have to tell them who are the real
experienced people in the skies what they should know and do. That is
ARROGANT!

First, there are plenty of 747 Virtual Pilots here and good ones to I might
add. The problem is you have ****ed off too many of them and NO ONE wants
to help you. Get it, you've come to that point in time that now of all
things you need this group to help you after you ****ed off just about
everyone.

Now do you understand? Some of us have warned you including me. Now the
truth hurts, but you will probably rationalize your grave mistake so you
wont fully understand the implications of what you've done. Good luck to
you, where ever you go.

Pushes his chair back, and stands. Waits for a second and then bows. Now
turns and walks off into the Sunset to get his first cup of Jo this morning.

Not4wood

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
BT writes:

That's how it is in real airplanes.

Good; I like realism. But is there any technique to finding the right
throttle setting? The 747 seems particularly prone to this (as compared
to a
737).

Old February 26th 07, 02:47 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Not4wood

No, there was no paper work on this test. He just told me that I wouldn't
pass it. No again, I really dont know if he was an FAA AME. But it seemed
to me at that time many years ago that he knew what he was talking about so
I never did question him. From what I've seen about poor eye site and some
one eyed Pilots maybe I do stand a chance for going to more information and
trying again. I'll look into it in my neck of the woods.

Yes, I can drive a car. Also, I drive a 4X4 pickup and plow the snow
without hitting or tearing up anything in site. LOL Although some of my
co-workers have torn up other cars. LOL.

Thank you all, and you've given me more hope of possibly getting my PPL.

Not4wood

"BT" wrote in message
if he just gave you the eye test.. was he an FAA AME?
was any paper work turned into the FAA for a failed medical?
Can you drive a car.. and you have a US State issued drivers license?

Then look into the new Light Sport Pilot certificate.
No FAA Medical required, as long as you have never failed an FAA Medical.
If the Eye Doc was not an AME and just said, you won't pass... then you
have not failed the Medical.
If there is a failed medical on record at FAA OKC. Then you will have to
clear that with a SODA before continuing.

Never give up
BT

"Not4wood" wrote in message
Yes, I was at an Optician/Eye Doctor (I forgot exactly what his title
was) getting my eyes done and I happened to mention to him about me
trying to take the eye test for the FAA. He looked at me and gave me the
test right there.

I have a lazy eye, and the vision is so poor it prevents me from seeing
clearly from about 8 inches and better in this one eye. I can see
movements on the peripheral but thats about it. Its not so bad I do see
everything but with no detail. I have no 3 dimensional judgment because
of this. The example would be catching a ball. If the ball is coming
straight toward me I cant make even a slight judgment to catch it. If I
can twist or move slightly out of plane then I can grab it. Not good,
and didn't let me do a few things when I was younger but I tried. My
other eye is OK, I can make partial judgments and get by. The bad thing
is my situation wont allow me to wear those stupid 3 dimensional glasses
when a bunch of us go to the movies for anything that was in 3D. LOL

Did I pass the FAA Medical, NO not even close. So I gave up with the
thought of getting my PPL. I dont care how cheap it is, knowing I wont
be able to pass the FAA Medical will still prevent me from wasting my
money on something I wont be able to complete no matter what I score or
learn on any of the other tests. Its called beating a Dead Horse. So
what do I do? I fly on Flight Simulator instead, or I sit in another
seat and watch the PIC take the controls.

Mark G
Not4wood

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ZhfEh.6007$2u.4703@trndny04,
"Not4wood" wrote:

I have heard mentioned (in here) that learning to fly is not expensive.
It
is where I live (in New York), but because of my eyes I know that I
wont be
able to pass any physical exams for my PPL.

Without wanting to pry into your vision issues, have you talked to an
AME
(FAA medical examiner) about whether or not you'd qualify for a third
class
medical?

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...b4d692406916cf
c0604324&rgn=div5&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.1.5&idno =14

"Eye standards for a third-class airman medical certificate a

(a) Distant visual acuity of 20/40 or better in each eye separately,
with or
without corrective lenses. If corrective lenses (spectacles or contact
lenses)
are necessary for 20/40 vision, the person may be eligible only on the
condition
that corrective lenses are worn while exercising the privileges of an
airman
certificate.

(b) Near vision of 20/40 or better, Snellen equivalent, at 16 inches in
each eye
separately, with or without corrective lenses.

(c) Ability to perceive those colors necessary for the safe performance
of
airman duties.

(d) No acute or chronic pathological condition of either eye or adnexa
that
interferes with the proper function of an eye, that may reasonably be
expected
to progress to that degree, or that may reasonably be expected to be
aggravated
by flying. "

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 26th 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
YaguMac

Not4wood wrote:
Hey JW,

I just peaked inside RAP for the first time because of all the commotion
thats gone on because of MX Manic depressed. I cant believe the level of
anger that he has caused in RAP.

Some people are still trying to be nice but he goes and says stupid things
to **** them off also.

Let me introduce myself to the RAP. I am an msfs pilot only. But I do fly
(passenger) and have been in a Beaver for a flight around the mountains of
Mt McKinley this past summer. I cant express how breathtaking it was and
how amazing being in a real plane trying to hear each other over the sound
of the screaming single engine are.

I have heard mentioned (in here) that learning to fly is not expensive. It
is where I live (in New York), but because of my eyes I know that I wont be
able to pass any physical exams for my PPL. So my only choices are to do
what I did when I was younger. Sit on the closest place to an end of the
runway and watch, or sit in a chair and fly on FS9 and dream. Some or
actually most of us on alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim try to learn and
experience why and how about aviation. But we do know its not real life.
Learning to fly isnt just controlling the plane, but being able to handle
all the other situations that can happen. Control Stalls, engine out, using
the radios, plotting routes with weather patterns, worrying which part is
going to fail next and how long the plane will be out of commission waiting
for the parts etc. But the most I feel is what we are really not
experiencing and no matter how hard we try our little corner of the FS world
wont let us. That is looking out the window and seeing this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0342.jpg

Yup, on approach to landing on that big piece of Glacier. The Beaver had
skies.

enough said.

Mark G
Not4wood

"John Ward" wrote in message
Hi Not4wood,

"... you have ****ed off too many of them and NO ONE wants to help you.
..."

I'll try though, just this once.

If Mxsmanic has "calmed down", as you put it, or feels differently
about things these days (and, I must say, I perceived the same thing), and
wants to participate in the n/g, as all the rest of us do, then one thing
he could do is change his moniker, and start afresh, safe in the knowledge
that everyone would have the good grace not to trace him (even though, no
matter what anyone calls themselves, you get to be able to identify people
by their posts, I reckon...).

Then, he would get a whole different reception...

Just a thought, but, hey, I've been wrong before, mate!

Regards,
John Ward

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
BT writes:

That's how it is in real airplanes.

Good; I like realism. But is there any technique to finding the right
throttle setting? The 747 seems particularly prone to this (as compared
to a
737).

Awsome Picture mate!

yagu

Old February 26th 07, 03:01 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Not4wood

Thanks, I was lucky. I was sitting right behind the Pilot and watching
everything he was doing. I still cant get over the fact is that he was
trimming constantly. Never stopped as if it was a nervous habit.

Even in moderate winds in a small GA craft I dont have to trim as much as he
did. Granted we ended up at about 11000 ft in a beaver. I was surprised
but then looking around we had to clear a lot of high peaks.

One other picture cause you liked the last one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0302.jpg

Not4wood

"YaguMac" wrote in message
s.com...

Not4wood wrote:
[...]

Hi Not4wood,

Old February 26th 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Thank you all, and you've given me more hope of possibly getting my PPL.

Not4wood

I was not talking of the PPL, I was talking Light Sport Pilot.

That is two steps below PPL. Light Sport Pilot relies on your auto license
Recreational and Private Pilot requires the Class III Medical.
Be careful.. ever fail an FAA Medical and you cannot do Light Sport Pilot.

But yes, based on SODA, PPL with Class III is possible.

BT

Old February 26th 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

I was not talking of the PPL, I was talking Light Sport Pilot.

The PPL should not be ruled out. I don't see any FAA regulation that says you
must have depth perception in order to fly. Depth perception only works for a
distance of 60 feet or so, anyway, and if you're within 60 feet of another
aircraft, you have more serious problems than vision correction to worry
about.

Be careful.. ever fail an FAA Medical and you cannot do Light Sport Pilot.

Why not?

Old February 26th 07, 04:16 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Not4wood" wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0302.jpg

Have you read "Wager with the Wind: The Don Sheldon Story" by James
Greiner?
Old February 26th 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Not4wood writes:

But the most I feel is what we are really not
experiencing and no matter how hard we try our little corner of the FS world
wont let us. That is looking out the window and seeing this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/IMG_0342.jpg

Yup, on approach to landing on that big piece of Glacier. The Beaver had
skies.

Then there's this:

http://www.mxsmanic.com/mckinley.jpg

Taken from a chase plane as I turn in my private 747-400 towards the UMM NDB,
after heading straight for the summit of Mount McKinley out of Anchorage,
purely for the purpose of this photo op.

Old February 26th 07, 05:24 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Be careful.. ever fail an FAA Medical and you cannot do Light Sport
Pilot.

Why not?

Because that's what the rules state.

BT

Old February 26th 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

Because that's what the rules state.

I thought the U.S. was supposed to be a democracy. Do you just obey whatever
rules come along without question?

In this case, it sounds like quite a stupid rule.

PMA Questions Mike Granby Piloting 24 December 11th 05 11:24 PM
PMA Questions Mike Granby Owning 24 December 11th 05 11:24 PM
IPC questions? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 12 June 1st 04 10:40 AM
Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003 Steven Military Aviation 1 October 20th 03 06:06 AM
Seven Questions For Michael Moore from a Blogger (was Questions for Mr. Bush, from Michael Moore) Jim Yanik Military Aviation 2 October 9th 03 09:36 PM