747-400 questions

Old February 25th 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default 747-400 questions

Two things bothering me lately:

1. Sometimes when I autostart 2 and 3 after starting 1 and 4, I get an alarm
as I pull the start switch or when I pull the start button. However, there's
no message on the MFD or anything, so I can't figure out what they aircraft is
complaining about. I haven't been able to find a reason in the documentation.
Does anyone know what would cause an annunicator to go off when I start 2 or
3?

2. Is there any way to turn off all heading modes in the MCP? That is,
neither SEL nor HOLD nor LNAV nor anything else. The idea being that I could
use the autopilot to hold altitude but I could still steer the aircraft by
hand. Right now I can turn by hand, but the autopilot will turn me back to
the previous heading as soon as I release the controls.

3. If I throttle up to 70% and engage TOGA to take off, per the documentation,
the autothrottle seems to set the throttle mighty low. This happens when I'm
lightly loaded and I still reach rotation speed and all. Is this normal
behavior of the autothrottle if rotation speed is low on a lightly loaded
aircraft, or am I doing something wrong? If I don't touch the throttles and
just press the TOGA switch, I seem to get full throttle (although then I also
get an excessive pitch up and climb rate sometimes). What mistake(s) am I
making?

4. How can I find an optimal throttle setting for taxi? It seems I'm always
either accelerating or decelerating. I'm also surprised at how far I have to
advance the throttles just to get moving (and then once I'm moving, I have to
throttle back to avoid constant acceleration).

This is all in the PMDG 747-400, not the default one.

Old February 25th 07, 04:54 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Rip

Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

Anthony (aka mzsmanic; alias simpilot). In another post you stated (and
I quote), "I do not make spelling mistakes".

The most cursory perusal of this, your most recent post, reveals that
again you have misrepresented yourself. Please correct your errors,
apologise for your previous lie, and hope for some empathic souls to
take note of your pathetic existence so that they may bring themselves
to provide an answer to your misguided question.

Rip
Old February 25th 07, 04:57 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 24, 6:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

Consult the operations manual published by Boeing. Every operator of
a 747-400 is issued a copy with purchase of the airplane...

Old February 25th 07, 05:34 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

I'm also surprised at how far I have to
advance the throttles just to get moving (and then once I'm moving, I
have to
throttle back to avoid constant acceleration).

That's how it is in real airplanes.

BT

Old February 25th 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

That's how it is in real airplanes.

Good; I like realism. But is there any technique to finding the right
throttle setting? The 747 seems particularly prone to this (as compared to a
737).

Old February 25th 07, 08:33 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

YaguMac writes:

Guess you need to buy a Mac Flight game

I need to find intelligent people who know what they are talking about and can
answer my questions.

Old February 25th 07, 12:05 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Not4wood

Again, I'll have to explain things to MXS:

Side note: Way too many of the members of this great Usenet group agmfs
have put you in there kill files and wont see this. I am crossposting this
for the benefit of the RL Pilots who we have heard that you have ****ed off
as well. I never intentionally cross post until now where I feel I have to
inform the RL counterpart to this group about the latest events..

You've calm down lately and that is a good thing. Sorry to have to tell you
this but you have annoyed way too many people with your arrogant quotes and
self righteous attitude. Believing yourself to be an expert and tell people
that you know something when you dont is arrogant. When you dont do
something in RL and then become an expert because you see it printed by
somebody else and take credit for it. Now, thats arrogant. When, this
group starts to hear your ****ing people off in the RL Pilots Group because
you feel a need to try to be on there level of knowledge, skill and
experience. By arguing with them the things you've picked up in here and
making the mistake that this is real life and then going back to them and
arguing the point. Thats NOT arrogant. Thats just plain stupid. The Real
Life Pilots who fly RL planes see that you do nothing, learn nothing and
experience nothing but feel you have to tell them who are the real
experienced people in the skies what they should know and do. That is
ARROGANT!

First, there are plenty of 747 Virtual Pilots here and good ones to I might
add. The problem is you have ****ed off too many of them and NO ONE wants
to help you. Get it, you've come to that point in time that now of all
things you need this group to help you after you ****ed off just about
everyone.

Now do you understand? Some of us have warned you including me. Now the
truth hurts, but you will probably rationalize your grave mistake so you
wont fully understand the implications of what you've done. Good luck to
you, where ever you go.

Pushes his chair back, and stands. Waits for a second and then bows. Now
turns and walks off into the Sunset to get his first cup of Jo this morning.

Not4wood

Old February 25th 07, 12:43 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Ward[_2_]

Hi Not4wood,

"... you have ****ed off too many of them and NO ONE wants to help you.
...."

I'll try though, just this once.

If Mxsmanic has "calmed down", as you put it, or feels differently about
things these days (and, I must say, I perceived the same thing), and wants
to participate in the n/g, as all the rest of us do, then one thing he could
do is change his moniker, and start afresh, safe in the knowledge that
everyone would have the good grace not to trace him (even though, no matter
what anyone calls themselves, you get to be able to identify people by their
posts, I reckon...).

Then, he would get a whole different reception...

Just a thought, but, hey, I've been wrong before, mate!

Regards,
John Ward

PMA Questions Mike Granby Piloting 24 December 12th 05 12:24 AM
PMA Questions Mike Granby Owning 24 December 12th 05 12:24 AM
IPC questions? Roy Smith Instrument Flight Rules 12 June 1st 04 10:40 AM
Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003 Steven Military Aviation 1 October 20th 03 06:06 AM
Seven Questions For Michael Moore from a Blogger (was Questions for Mr. Bush, from Michael Moore) Jim Yanik Military Aviation 2 October 9th 03 09:36 PM