MKIV & QV increase

Old March 8th 10, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_3_]

Default MKIV & QV increase

Prices for the MKIV "high tech" yaw string and Quiet Vent kit will
increase effective 1 April '10.

MKIV now $10 and will go to $12
Quiet Vent now $6 will go to $7
shipping still free to USA and just $1 worldwide

New email address - ordering, info, and installation instructions
(also please update your address book)
bumperm at verizon dot net

Old address is bumperm at att dot net and will cancel
end of March.

Satisfaction guaranteed. Money refunded (nobody has dared to ask) or
replacement shipped, even if you goof on the install (several have
asked :c)

bumper
zz
Minden, NV

Old March 8th 10, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Mar 7, 11:20*pm, bumper wrote:
Prices for the MKIV "high tech" yaw string and Quiet Vent kit will
increase effective 1 April '10.

MKIV now $10 and will go to $12
Quiet Vent now $6 will go to $7
shipping still free to USA and just $1 worldwide

New email address - *ordering, info, and installation instructions
(also please update your address book)
bumperm * * at * * verizon * *dot * * net

Old address is bumperm * * at * *att * *dot * *net and will cancel
end of March.

Satisfaction guaranteed. Money refunded (nobody has dared to ask) or
replacement shipped, even if you goof on the install (several have
asked :c)

bumper
zz
Minden, NV

Jeez! What a ripoff! Oh wait, when I bought my first one (still on
the glider), tows were $25.00. Now they're $30.00. Since I figure
almost all flying expenses by how many 'tows' they cost me, they've
gotten CHEAPER. I still buy a few from time to time, to give to
friends. It somehow offends me to see these beautiful curvaceous
glass slippers with an ugly bit of tape, (pulling back at the edges,
leaving a trail of tape residue) stuck on the otherwise pristine
canopy.
Pardon the shameless testimonial, please.
Old March 8th 10, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Jardini

Bumper

Did your cost of labor go up?

mj

Old March 9th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_3_]

On Mar 8, 9:00*am, Mark Jardini wrote:
Bumper

Did your cost of labor go up?

mj

Busted.

Being retired, my labor is free. However the MKIV does take a lot more
free labor to fabricate than did the previous MK - - some 25 steps in
all with a half-dozen purpose built tools and jigs to insure
precision. Though, like most everything glider, there's no getting
away from hand work. Besides, if I didn't raise prices I'd get more
orders and then have less time to go soaring, play, schmooze at the
airport, and generally not work for a living. Quit complaining (g).

I do like seeing them on gliders instead of tape and yarn. Sleek,
prettier, no hassle removing old tape residue, probably adds at least
2 points L/D, and all but guarantees 1000K flights on weak days.*

*Note, based on engineering prevarications as we so seldom have weak
days at Minden to test this.

bumper
zz
Minden, NV
Old March 9th 10, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herb

On Mar 8, 11:08*pm, bumper wrote:

[...]

Just blame the health insurance premium increases...
But wait, you're retired so you get socialized medicine (Medicare)
already, drat!
btw, I'll still buy at the new prices!
Herb
Old March 9th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Now I know why I should have bought more of them the last time!
Old March 10th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_3_]

On Mar 9, 8:46*am, Herb wrote:
On Mar 8, 11:08*pm, bumper wrote:

Just blame the health insurance premium increases...
But wait, you're retired so you get socialized medicine (Medicare)
already, drat!
btw, I'll still buy at the new prices!
Herb- Hide quoted text -

Not a burden on society . . . yet! I'm still on the healthplan &
payroll of my old company in CA, though I only visit them once a year
or so to prove I'm still alive. Besides, they cheer when I leave so it
must give them something to look forward to.

There's been a flurry of orders since I threatened price increases,
seems at least some other pilots are as parsimonious as me. Since the
increase doesn't go into effect 'till 1 April, there's still time to
stock up. I promise I won't come out with a MKV anytime soon and make
the MKIV obsolete - - honest! The MKI came out 11 years ago, I've
improved it until I'm happy with the most recent MKIV version. If
you're not happy with it, I'll give you your money back plus an extra
dollar for trying it.

all the best,

bumper

Increase 20's ads hretting Soaring 9 September 7th 09 07:02 PM
TBO Increase? Jay Honeck[_2_] Owning 3 April 28th 08 12:06 AM
Insurance increase! Roger Worden Soaring 8 April 17th 07 11:24 PM
Emergency Landing in a COZY MKIV Marc J. Zeitlin Piloting 14 December 19th 06 03:25 AM
IFR Accelerated Training in my COZY MKIV Marc J. Zeitlin Instrument Flight Rules 1 April 13th 05 05:35 PM