LX-16 Users: Input Requested

Old May 11th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX-16 Users: Input Requested

I am thinking of buying and installing a LX-16 Vario in my Lak-12.

Can anyone currently using this instrument let us know how you like/
dislike it?

Any other recommendations on a electric/audio Vario?

Thanks!

Old May 11th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 11, 4:41 am, " wrote:
I am thinking of buying and installing a LX-16 Vario in my Lak-12.

Can anyone currently using this instrument let us know how you like/
dislike it?

Any other recommendations on a electric/audio Vario?

Thanks!

I have two flights on my LX-16, excellent audio, internal speaker is .
5W and LOUD! Not a very good display, but I never look at it except
for the averager. Cannot get low batt indicator to work. Current hog
at 60-80ma.compared to older pressure xducer types (Ball)

It requires more room than a average 2.25 instrument and some panel
work to make it fit.

Did significant research, B-400 was a possibility but could not get
tech questions answered. LX had great factory support and answered all
my questions.

Would I buy it again? YES!

MM

Old May 13th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 11, 7:41 am, " wrote:
I am thinking of buying and installing a LX-16 Vario in my Lak-12.

Can anyone currently using this instrument let us know how you like/
dislike it?

Any other recommendations on a electric/audio Vario?

Thanks!

The LX 16 is a great vario. I bought it as a back-up last spring and
now use it as my primary vario. The display is nice and the settings
are very user-friendly. The flight timers feature is also nice. I
would recommend putting it on a separate switch and installing it with
an in-line fuse.

DEvin

Discus

DB1

Input jack on a Baron Greg Farris Piloting 12 November 25th 06 05:09 AM
GTX 327 serial input? weebee Owning 1 December 19th 05 01:04 AM
input on matco and grove wheels requested Pierre Home Built 2 November 27th 05 02:37 AM
Aux. Audio Input Eugene Wendland Home Built 1 April 5th 04 04:16 AM
Control input during loop MLenoch Piloting 26 October 27th 03 11:47 PM