"Bad" CAI302 Display

Old September 19th 13, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default "Bad" CAI302 Display

I try, but usually fly too fast, which results in more thermalling, which
means I fly slow. Gotta work on that...

wrote in message
You fly fast?

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:19:11 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Excellent! I'd just need to install hand-operated rudder controls and
some

velcro to hold me in place when I fly fast.

wrote in message

Dan:

There's a much easier way that drilling new holes. Fly the glider
while

lying on the wing. This turns your head sideways. Hard to reach the

pedals, of course, but no new holes in the panel. Fred

Old September 19th 13, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Got a PM from Gary who told me that it's the LCD, like Paul said, not the
front glass. He told me that they're looking into getting more of CAI's
parts inventory so help may be available in the future.

Old September 19th 13, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:24:36 AM UTC-5, KiloKilo wrote:
http://clearnav.net/main/cn-service.html

I may have read the http://clearnav.net/main/cn-service.html page wrong but it appears they only service the older Cambridge products.

GPS-NAV™ Datalogger
GPS-NAV™ Display
L-NAV™ Glide Computer
S-NAV™ Glide Computer
CAVII™ Variometer

Probably because they use discrete components (individual resistors, capitors, transitors, etc) or single technology ICs which they can easily troubleshoot. Not so the 302.

My $0.02.
Old September 20th 13, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Gary's email to me:

Hi Dan,

I was browsing rec.aviation.soaring and read about your troubles with the
302 polarization. Unfortunately it is the LCD that is polarized and not the
window glass.

As I recall, in the early production days of the 302 the first batch of LCD’s
received were not polarized correctly and nobody at CAI noticed. Once the
complaints started rolling in, the manufacturer was notified and further
shipments of the LCD’s were polarized properly. I suspect you have a very
early instrument?

In regards to replacing the LCD with the newer polarized glass, we (ClearNav
Instruments) are looking into purchasing some of Cambridge’s inventory so we
can go forward with support of the 300 Series.

Stay tuned…….

Best Regards,

Gary