Usage fee process

Old April 11th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default Usage fee process

Any ideas on how usage fees would be processed (are processed in Europe)?
Does the system automatically track what each tail number uses every month
and send the owner a bill? I have a plane without a radio, so I guess I can
save on a lot of the fees if they show up. To the air traffic system, I am
just a nameless skin paint that flies by in complete and blessed silence.

Danny Deger

Old April 11th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Danny Deger wrote:
Any ideas on how usage fees would be processed (are processed in
Europe)? Does the system automatically track what each tail number
uses every month and send the owner a bill? I have a plane without a
radio, so I guess I can save on a lot of the fees if they show up. To the
air traffic system, I am just a nameless skin paint that flies
by in complete and blessed silence.
Danny Deger

Not that I think it is going to pass this time around but I can't think of a
single one of the proposed useage fees that is currently being proposed
(other than the increase in AvGas tax) that would affect you anyway.

Since you don't have a radio I doubt you are flying in the airports that
will have a fee and you certainly aren't flying IFR.

Old April 11th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:07:43 -0600, Newps wrote
in :

Don't worry about it. User fees are dead. No chance whatsoever.

USER FEE PROPOSAL DEAD?

Rep. Todd Tiahrt, R-Kan., is close to declaring the FAA's proposal to
impose user fees on general aviation dead. "I think we've finally
gotten the stake out and are about to drive it through user fees," he
told The Wichita Eagle's editorial board last week. Tiahrt told the
Eagle brass that he's made fighting the funding proposal his top
priority and enlisted the support of other members of Congress to
defeat the plan. On the Eagle's editorial board's blog
(http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2007/...against_.html),
Tiahrt's tenacity was applauded but it appears that not everyone in
aviation-centric Wichita thinks user fees are a bad idea.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194890

Sectional Usage Poll Daniel L. Lieberman Piloting 45 December 24th 04 04:35 PM
Payment for Airspace usage John Smith Soaring 9 September 14th 04 08:03 PM
Strobe light usage Roger Long Piloting 4 August 7th 04 04:21 PM
Oil usage GE Owning 14 May 20th 04 07:22 AM
me-109 overall "76" combat usage? old hoodoo Military Aviation 9 December 16th 03 01:55 AM