Terry Delore Flight

Old February 5th 20, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

Default Terry Delore Flight

I am not a Facebooker but those of you who are can find this page. Huge flight but I haven't seen the IGC file. South Island to North and back. Images and route on Facebook.

Delore Soaring
February 3 at 2:58 PM ·

15m FAI World Records
Out and return declared distance 1730km
Out and return free distance 1730km
Out and return speed over 1500km (TBC)

“I am yet to download flight loggers but I know I have just completed the hardest most challenging and satisfying flight of my life.”
Old February 5th 20, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

A fantastic flight by a great guy! His passion and drive for the sport after all the years is amazing!
Go hard Terry!
Old February 6th 20, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Longest flight ever not posted on OLC I guess.
Old February 7th 20, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pasi Pulkkinen

IT Lions he missed The start point by 200m so declared speed and distance are in jeopardy Unfortunately.
Old February 7th 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4v...qCRAXc-hlSt-6I

Nice TV segment on the flight.
Old February 7th 20, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Huge Congtatulations to Terry Delore.
Well Done!
Interesting with all the instruments he could fly with he flies with a CAI 302/303.
Those things are still one of the best ever produced IMHO.