Turning a Schweizer 2-22 into a powered aircraft

Old October 20th 20, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Turning a Schweizer 2-22 into a powered aircraft

I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com...bondol001.html
Old October 21st 20, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 7:13:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com...bondol001.html

But why?
Old October 21st 20, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8:35:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 7:13:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com...bondol001.html

But why?

Back in the 90's there was a Breezy flying with 2-22 wings with a pusher engine at Dillingham in Hawaii. Frame was moly tubing, seating was tandem without anything except a seat and seat belt. Was built by Sam Bleadon. Indeed it was Breezy and felt like you were flying a broom stick. The main wing was well behind the pilot.

Buzz
Old October 22nd 20, 07:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 02:13 20 October 2020, wrote:
I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly
modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com...bondol001.html

Funny that there was a posting about that on the Vintage and Classic FB
page just the other day - sure your being entirely truthful?

Old October 22nd 20, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike maskell[_2_]

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 1:45:06 AM UTC-5, Paul T wrote:
At 02:13 20 October 2020, wrote:
I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly
modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com...bondol001.html

Funny that there was a posting about that on the Vintage and Classic FB
page just the other day - sure your being entirely truthful?

Well, truth be told (and I was unaware I had to give credit here), I first learned about this 2-22 being turned into an aircraft through the Lethbridge Soaring Club FB page which is selling their 2-22 to the Jakarta Soaring Club. One of the posts on their page was from a friend indicated the transformation of a 2-22 to a powered aircraft. Being naturally curious I checked out the Jakarta web page and thus found the motorized version as I posted.. Hope my shortcomings in my honesty did not offend too many people!
Old October 22nd 20, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Why?
I say Why not.
Looks like a fun project to build and get flying.
Good to see someone have a idea and follow through with it.
Nick