Sparrowhawk vs PW5

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 23rd 04, 10:51 PM
Willie

Default Sparrowhawk vs PW5

I have been looking at some of the current crop of lightweight
sailplanes
on the market and wonder if the sparrowhawk is a good value. Does
anyone have any experience flying one? If so how would it compare to a
PW5 or a Russia?

The price of a new Sparrowhawk with trailer and instruments is pretty
high compared to some of other ships available. I am interested in
these ships because I am not a competition pilot, and I don't have a
crew. So, a ship that is easy to rig and retrieve is desirable to me.

I really am looking for some advice from people with experience in
these smaller ships.

I'm not a new pilot, I am returning after a 15 year hiatus from the
sport. I have had a Libelle and a DG 202-17. I appreciate the info in
the last thread but it veered of onto the realm of trailer towing
weight.

SparrowHawk gyrocopter model for X-plane available Noel Lopez Rotorcraft 1 September 22nd 09 05:24 AM
Groen Bros. Al Colunio Rotorcraft 6 May 8th 04 02:22 AM
Flat Spin JJ Sinclair Soaring 34 February 10th 04 05:57 PM
Define penetration. Bruce Greeff Soaring 27 February 7th 04 03:41 PM
Jet Glider Sparrowhawk Mark James Boyd Soaring 31 January 22nd 04 06:09 AM