AS-W12 Mods

Old May 12th 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default AS-W12 Mods

Can anyone help me get in touch with someone who has done the mod to
increase the max flap deflection on an AS-W12 to something on the
order of 50-55 degrees? I remember e-mailing Robert Beck (previous
owner of D-1221, serial 14), but the e-mail I have for him bounces
back. He said his was modified for the increased deflection. There
is a picture in Peter Selinger's book, Rhon-Adler, showing D-4649
coming in to land with a lot more than stock flap deflection.

Yes, I have talked with Mark Grubb. The documentation went with the
plane, and I have not been able to make contact with the current
owner.

And, yes. I have also contacted Schleicher. No word back from them
yet, But they only got my e-mail this morning.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Leonard
Old May 12th 12, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Adams

On Friday, May 11, 2012 11:50:41 PM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
Can anyone help me get in touch with someone who has done the mod to
increase the max flap deflection on an AS-W12 to something on the
order of 50-55 degrees? I remember e-mailing Robert Beck (previous
owner of D-1221, serial 14), but the e-mail I have for him bounces
back. He said his was modified for the increased deflection. There
is a picture in Peter Selinger's book, Rhon-Adler, showing D-4649
coming in to land with a lot more than stock flap deflection.

Yes, I have talked with Mark Grubb. The documentation went with the
plane, and I have not been able to make contact with the current
owner.

And, yes. I have also contacted Schleicher. No word back from them
yet, But they only got my e-mail this morning.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Leonard

What about Wil Schuemann?

Gary Adams - GB
Old May 12th 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On May 12, 11:07*am, Gary Adams wrote:

What about Wil Schuemann?

Gary Adams - GB

I think he modified everything but the max flap deflection.

Ka-6CR and E Canopy Mods. Robert Buck Soaring 12 March 6th 09 04:13 AM
Diamonds & HVX MODS [email protected] Home Built 0 January 26th 09 09:30 PM
Spot, Mods!!!! NW_Pilot Owning 0 June 22nd 08 01:46 AM
Engine Mods Paul Missman Owning 8 February 17th 05 03:40 AM
mods for a Cherokee 140 Tony Woolner Owning 8 January 7th 04 12:20 PM