High definition flight videos on vimeo.

Old April 18th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Default High definition flight videos on vimeo.

Youtube may be the best known video sharing site, but when a video needs
quality, it is sorely missed - at least for me. So I started looking for a
video sharing site where I could expand the videos to full screen and still
retain decent visual fidelity.

I came across vimeo.com and saw that they supported "high definition"
videos. To get an idea of the value of the video quality they support, I've
picked out a few flying related videos shot in "HD" that were uploaded to
the vimeo site - I hope some of you will enjoy or relate to them (it helps
to pause the videos to allow the streaming to get a good headstart - HD
requires more data. Definitely expand these to full-screen to get the best
effect. Oh, and the last video may not be what you expect):

http://www.vimeo.com/908646
"Alaskan Glacier Flyover Pt 2

August 23, 2006 I somehow found myself in the co-pilot seat of a 1951
DeHavilland Twin Otter (DHC-6) float plane over Taku River Glacier
southeast of Juneau Alaska."

http://www.vimeo.com/818478
"Elephant Highway

This sequence is of our flight from the Kovango River to Susuwe Island
Lodge on the Quando River on route to the Victoria Falls in Zambia"

http://www.vimeo.com/764621
"The Smoke that Thunders from 'Flying the Falls'

This sequence is taken from HD Microlight Adventure Movie 'flying the
falls' over the Victoria Falls in Zambia, the longest unbroken falls in
the World!"

http://www.vimeo.com/739603
"Glider Flight

Footage of an unpowered glider flight through storm clouds and over a
mountain range to gather weather data."

http://www.vimeo.com/847681
"Adrienne Learns to Fly.

Story about a young man talking about his childhood friend who wants to
fly."
Old April 24th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
clint

boring!! :-(
Jim Logajan laid this down on his screen :

Old April 24th 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"clint" wrote in message
boring!! :-(
Jim Logajan laid this down on his screen :
Youtube may be the best known video sharing site, but when a video needs
quality, it is sorely missed - at least for me. So I started looking for a
video sharing site where I could expand the videos to full screen and still
retain decent visual fidelity.

A bit low on frame rate, but the picture quality is sure good.
--
Jim in NC