General Patton on Lieutenant Kerry

Old February 11th 04, 06:07 PM
Alan Minyard

From:
(Fred the Red Shirt)
Date: 2/10/2004 3:41 PM Central Standard Time
"S. Sampson" wrote in message

So you don't think giving aid and comfort to the enemy is a bad thing?
If Lt Kerry is a good American, then Jane Fonda is also a fine American.

I dunno what he thinks.

But I do know that petitioning one's government to withdraw from a
war is not giving aid and comfort to the enemy and it is thoroughly
unAmerican to suggest such a thing. None-the-less, here in America,
you are free to voice unAmerican sentiments.

IMHO John Kerry displayed his patriotism both in his military service,
and in his subsequent protest against continued military action by
the US in Vietnam.

This seems important to you, but it's merely a rephrasing of the first
question above. I never went to anti-government rallies and throw my
medals at Congress, and then turn around and declare myself a war
hero. Does that count?

Are you at ease with your conscience?

--

FF

Agreed as far as that goes. However kerry testified in Congress that the U.S.
military was deliberately committing "attrocities" as policy. He provided no
proof. THAT is providing comfort to the enemy.

As far as I am concerned he stabbed us all in the back.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I whole heartedly agree, and his association with hanoi jane
makes him all the more repugnant.

Al Minyard
Old February 12th 04, 03:30 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

From:
(Fred the Red Shirt)
Date: 2/10/2004 3:41 PM Central Standard Time

Agreed as far as that goes. However kerry testified in Congress that the U.S.
military was deliberately committing "attrocities" as policy. He provided no
proof. THAT is providing comfort to the enemy.

When a person testifies before the Congress that person does not get
to choose the questions he will be asked. He can choose to answer
them truthfully, or to commit perjury. AFAIK, unlike the courts,
the Congress has always accepted hearsay testimony, and opinion.
For instance, whether or not the use of napalm is an attrocity is
a matter of opinion. At the time, many other nations had abandoned
the use of incindiery weapons, being of the opinion that such use
was an atrocity and violated prohibitions against weapons that
caused 'excess suffering'.

Thus far, no one has made a claim that Kerry alleged he had witnessed
acts which he did not, only that he believed that they had taken place.

As far as I am concerned he stabbed us all in the back.

If he did his best to tell what he believed to be the truth then
he did his duty befor the Congress.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I was born a year too late to be drafted, and never volunteered to
serve in uniform. Those of you who have, have earned my respect
and gratitude many times over. That includes Kerry. I appreciate
that you may not like the idea that I think of you in the same way.
That is unfortunate, perhaps even ironic, as it is the sacrifices
you made that kept me free to voice that opinion.

--

FF
Old February 22nd 04, 12:56 AM
Merlin Dorfman

Peter Stickney ) wrote:
: In article ,
: "Kevin Brooks" writes:
:
: "Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
: om...
: "Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
: ...
:
: No, he is merely pointing out the obvious fact that not *every* Silver
: Star
: was evidence of heroism, and his example of LBJ is an appropriate one in
: this case.
:
: I'd like to hear more bout LBJ's silver star.
:
: After wrangling himself a USNR commission, he junketed to the southwest
: Pacific and rode in a single sortie (some accounts indicate a milk run) on a
: B-26. After he landed they pinned a SS on him, with appropriate press
: coverage, of course. Pretty disgusting, all in all.

: To make things even less palatable, the B-26 he was on had developed a
: case of teh Galloping Ner-get-overs, and aborted the mission before
: even coming close to the target area.

Let's be clear though--MacArthur requested and authorized the
medal because he knew LBJ was FDR's protege and thought this would
get him (Mac) some points.
Nevertheless LBJ proudly wore the ribbon for the rest of his
life. You can see it in his lapel in every picture.

Old February 22nd 04, 12:58 AM
Merlin Dorfman

Alan Minyard ) wrote:

: As far as I am concerned he stabbed us all in the back.
:
: Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

: I whole heartedly agree, and his association with hanoi jane
: makes him all the more repugnant.

So, in your opinion, Kerry should have inquired before
attending any meeting whether Jane would be there, and should
have declined to attend if so; and if she turned up at any
meeting he should have left?

Old February 22nd 04, 01:08 AM
D. Strang

"Merlin Dorfman" wrote

So, in your opinion, Kerry should have inquired before
attending any meeting whether Jane would be there, and should
have declined to attend if so; and if she turned up at any
meeting he should have left?

Your proposition that one didn't know what the other was doing is
false. Kerry was a full-time politician by then. He had no day-job.

Old February 22nd 04, 01:21 AM
Pete

"Merlin Dorfman" wrote in message
Alan Minyard ) wrote:

: As far as I am concerned he stabbed us all in the back.
:
: Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

: I whole heartedly agree, and his association with hanoi jane
: makes him all the more repugnant.

So, in your opinion, Kerry should have inquired before
attending any meeting whether Jane would be there, and should
have declined to attend if so; and if she turned up at any
meeting he should have left?

When one joins a controversial organization, and aspires to rise in it's
heiarchy, it would be wise to know who is behind it, and where a lot of its
funding comes from.

Pete

Old February 22nd 04, 05:05 AM
BUFDRVR

He has never had a day job of any kind.

I heard his first filthy rich wife was high maintenance....surely he gets
credit for at least part-time work no?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"